Need Help Quick

Started by 12barBill, August 04, 2004, 09:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have played a Seagull for five years. Like it , but recently played a Larrivee LV03E and it just felt Great in my hands.

I have an opportunity to order an LV03RE, which is what I want (rosewood).

I have the option of the B band A5 or A6. They are actually ready to install either one I chose.

I have read on this forum about problems with these transducers.

I need to let a dealer know something today.

Should I see if I can still get the guitar with no electronics (assuming they have not cut a whole in the side yet). Maybe add some other electronics later - something that does not require a whole in the side and internal battery.

Help, advice quickly, please.      

Bag the B-Band and have a K&K put in later
Dreamsinger
*very* unusual Custom Shop OMV-09K
JV-05-12 (sold June '05)
Hotrodded D-02
Restored '64 Framus 12
World's best Strat
McAlister 12 fret 00 cutaway in work (taking delivery at Healdsburg)
LKSM with K&K p/u and ebony buttons on order

I'm going with the K&K in my OO-05 as well.  Should receive it in today's mail.  No holes in the guitar, great reviews/feedback from users and very reasonably priced.

Rick
LS-30
Butterscotch Bakersfield HB Rosewood
OO 05 Custom
P-03 All Koa
P-03 Sitka/Rosewood

The B-Band A2.2 and LR Baggs iMix are both excellent pickups that don't require you to cut a hole in the guitar.  Personally, I would get the guitar and add the electronics later.
Bing

Larrivee J-09FM
Taylor 814ce
Music Man Axis SS w/piezo

OK - I have the LV03R being shipped to the dealer with no electronics.

Thanks for the responses.

Don't know what I'll put in it.

I'm not familiar with the K&K. Is that an under saddle transducer (piezo) or some type of under soundboard transducer.

Hope I don't regret going with "factory installed" electronics. I have talked with a guitar tech at a local Larrivee dealer and he said they are seeing problems with the B band A5 and A6 preamps, so I was a little uncomfortable.

Bill..here's a link to the K&K Pure Western...my "mini" wont' be installed until next week but I'll report on it then.  I took the advise of forum members and my Larrivee dealer.

http://www.kksound.com/pdf/purewestern_manual.pdf

Rick
LS-30
Butterscotch Bakersfield HB Rosewood
OO 05 Custom
P-03 All Koa
P-03 Sitka/Rosewood

QuoteOK - I have the LV03R being shipped to the dealer with no electronics.

Thanks for the responses.

Don't know what I'll put in it.

I'm not familiar with the K&K. Is that an under saddle transducer (piezo) or some type of under soundboard transducer.

Hope I don't regret going with "factory installed" electronics. I have talked with a guitar tech at a local Larrivee dealer and he said they are seeing problems with the B band A5 and A6 preamps, so I was a little uncomfortable.
Bill,

I know you'll love the LV-03. I do.

I have heard some VERY good things about the Markley Sweet Spot. I would suggest that you look into it. As a plus, it does not need a preamp and is supposedly very natural sounding. And it has the advantage of being very affordable.

Does anyone here have any experience with it?
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

OK Don I'll BITE.A long time ago in a very far away place...nonono that's another story.I've installed about 100 of these pickup's,the Dean Markley Sweetspot.It's 6 peizo crystals instead of film.It's a flexable foil pick,because it's crystals it seems to generate it's own powerat around 48 volt's so no battery.I've found it to be very natural and really doesn't need a pre amp but works very well with any of them.If you like give me a call at the store and I'll tell you about them.Much easier then my bad typing.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help