Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yamaha Dynamic, you know in case you haven`t seen enough of em yet...it`s RED...  (Read 1438 times)
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2008, 02:31:32 AM »

...and I ain`t kiddin`. Latest #1 arrived, and it came in it`s original shipping box which is a first for me, they just don`t seem to be around anymore. Apart from one scratch on the back it looks like a brand new guitar. Guess I`d call it marachino cherry red...

JohnM2001
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 06:45:17 AM »

Wow, nice one!  An original shipping box from an early 60s guitar, now that's unusual   ohmy

Whats the nut width on that one?  The few steel tuner-post models I've seen here in US have all been 1.75" nuts, while the plastic roller models have all been classical width nut at 2".

D-02E
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:10:27 PM »

5 digit serial and black label place it mid/late 50s. On the front of the box theres a place where the model number should be but it wasn`t there however when I was putting the box away I saw along the ende of the top they stamped a #1...so Im guessing it`s the original box. From what I gather, Yamaha reached 6 digit serials and had the white label with red dotter border by 1960.
We`re metric here...why you guys holding out?...so it`s 45 mms.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 03:08:31 PM »

Nice one , even has that nice Gibson like checking in the finish...gator as it's called by some. I think it makes it look more it's age.       Danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 03:14:09 PM »

yeah every one I have is checked like that, some more than others, doesn`t bother me at all...some look like a bowl of spaghetti.
fig

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 03:46:05 AM »

hey sneaky I have the exact same guitar black label no 1,the nut has now decoposed and the bridge is lifting as someone put steel strings, but the colour and beautifull grain is the same. what would it be worth if i fixed it up? any idea.
cheers
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 04:24:00 AM »

Your last two pictures have moved or deleted messages. Love those old Yammies though. I'm not in your league Sneaky but I've owned and still have a few Yamahas, that's for sure.   

[attachment deleted by admin]
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 09:36:25 AM »

worth?...I keep a record of how much I`ve paid for all of the ones I own, the least I paid was about $10.00, the most was about $150.00. Hard to say how much folks would be willing to pay but to me they are great guitars, love the tone and the fat necks...I prefer the Dynamic necks to classical necks. Quite a few people here seem to use steels on theirs, I tried that but didn`t like the sound not to mention the intonation was a night mare due to the uncompensated saddle...and mine are simple cylinders...some thicker than others.
There should be a serial number stamped on the neck block, if you look through the sound hole you oughta be able to see it. How many digits is it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: