New Omv-05e - Nice, But ?????

Started by harlon, August 01, 2004, 08:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Very nice guitar. Neck feels very good, action isn't bad, but can be better (will be). Great tone. Plenty of volume, very even tone. In my opinion the B-Band A6 absolutely blows the Taylor ES away. I have a 610CE with the ES, and (again, in my opinion) it's not even close.
 Now to the negatives. These tuners are horrible. Next to the 610 this thing is very hard to tune. And - this question is for other Larrivee vets, is the intonation problem on this Larrivee rare or common? If (for example) an open G is in perfect tune, then an A is off (WAY off). So is a C. Not to mention as I play bar chords up the neck. And it's almost impossible to get perfectly in tune in DADGAD. Now, I did play this thing in the store - but with all the headbangers playing Metallica in there I failed to catch the problems. I do have some time to return it, but I'd like to know first if y'all think this is fixable or not?? Maybe a warrantee issue??? Just wondered if anyone else has dealt with this or is this a rare problem? Don't mean to bash the instrument too much - other than that it's really a great guitar. But the more I play it the more of a problem it's becoming. Any advice???? Thanks! - Harlon

We been thru a few hundred at the store.They all go thru me before they get hug up.Never had those problem's.I'd bring it back and have them order you another one,or maybe ther tech can go over it.Keep us posted as these are thing's I like to keep abreast of.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

This type of reply is, IMHO, what makes this board worth its weight in gold... :)  
Rob 

Larrivee OM-03R
Art & Lutherie Cedar/cherry Parlor (the best 200-dollar guitars in the world, made in Canada by real guitar craftspeople) :-)
Click to Read About Art & Lutherie Guitars
Peavey Generation EXP

Tomorrow I'm going to call Larrivee and the dealer I bought it from. Whatever happens I'll keep you updated. I'm kind of curious myself!!

Harlon

Good luck Harlon. I've bought three Larrivees and haven't had a problem. Larrivee will make it right.

Well. Saturday the guitar is going back to the dealer. I'm getting a refund for now. They're going to order another, and I'll check it out when it gets there. Just thought I'd update you. They (the dealer) were very kind and helpful. Just the way you hope they would be! Thanks for your advice!

Harlon

Welcome to the forum and Larrivee family... sorta.  ;)   Glad to see you got a refund, I would not expect anything less from Larrivee.  It's been my experience that Larrivee will go above and beyond the call of duty to make things right.  

Be sure to give the new one a chance when it comes in, I'm sure you'll like it!

P.S.  It's my understanding that both Taylor and Larrivee use Chinese made "Ping" tuners.  I was a skeptical Grover/Schaller user at first but found no problems with the Pings.  
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

Just ordered an LV03R with no electonics. had the opportunity to have the A6 installed if I wanted. (03 series normally has the A5) Hope I didn't make a booboo.

Bill  

Bill,
CONgradS on LV-03R!!! I love that guitar. I was very close to gettig LV-03 before I bought my OM-01. My next Larrivee will definetly be a LV.
WHen is it arriving ? or do you already have it?

ANd you did a very good job not getting the Elec already insalled. Most folks on this forum like to add them later. :D  

Well, it should be leaving Vancouver today. Shipping to a dealer in N.Y. state, then to me in South Carolina.

I hope to see it within two weeks.

Like I said, I stumbled into an opportunity to choose the electronic package that I wanted, or choose none at all. I have a guitar tech at a local Larrivee dealer telling me that he is seeing problems with the A5 and A6 preamps, so I chose to add something different later.  

Hi, Bill. Congrats on the new guitar. The only bad part about ordering a guitar is waiting on it!!! I really believe you did not boo-boo. I think Larrivee as a whole is fine. I think I just got a bad one. As for the pickup, I really thought that A6 was sweet. Just my opinion, though. But I think you'll find something you like. Let us know how yours turns out.

Harlon