Previous topic - Next topic

Legend Guitar Company

Thomsley

Electra "Vine of Life" fingerboard inlay

Ron

Quote from: dependan on August 02, 2008, 01:50:22 AM
cool,,,sweet,,,very nice when seen with the whole git :thumbsup

As you wish...

I may not have a need for an OM size guitar with this in the house. Unless I play out sometime, this will not be leaving the house, and I may then find a need for an OM.  :winkin:

Gregg
'05 Fender Highway 1 Strat
'07 Fender Lite Ash Tele
'70s Crown Gold Top LP copy
'04 Larrivee D-03 Mahogany
'05 Martin D-15 Rosewood
Washburn 5257 1/2

Tell your wife how special that guitar is and thanks for posting the pics. It is in pristine condition, I think it's the nicest oldest Washburn I've seen.   A lot of folks would like to have one of those. In fact I would trade all of mine in a second to have one like that. Very special when it's been in the family.  Danny

Quote from: dependan on August 02, 2008, 05:26:52 PM
Tell your wife how special that guitar is and thanks for posting the pics. It is in pristine condition, I think it's the nicest oldest Washburn I've seen.   A lot of folks would like to have one of those. In fact I would trade all of mine in a second to have one like that. Very special when it's been in the family.  Danny

She holds this git close to her heart, her grandpa meant alot to her, and he was so proud of her learning the violin. viola, piano and recorder. She had a tough time just leaving it at the luthier to have it checked out. I get a smile from her when I air it out and play with it for a while.  :winkin:
Gregg
'05 Fender Highway 1 Strat
'07 Fender Lite Ash Tele
'70s Crown Gold Top LP copy
'04 Larrivee D-03 Mahogany
'05 Martin D-15 Rosewood
Washburn 5257 1/2

Quote from: dependan on August 02, 2008, 09:04:23 AM
     Your photo is fine, what's on the truss rod adj. cover plate on the one on the left?

That looks like a Grateful Dead dancing bear.  Is that something you had made for it?  I'd be shocked if Taylor made that, but then again, there are a lot of Deadheads out there...and I'm one of them.  I saw that bear tatooed on a college students calf just last week.

Someday, maybe, I'll have a guitar with a great headstock inlay...
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.

Novice Inlay work , I bought it to encourage the guy. Back side inlay is Chineses waterfall scenery ,animals on fingerboard

***I stiill got so much to learn***
My son Obiwan:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e130/Edwardtang/Obiwan/DSC000017157114343.jpg

Larrivee OMV-10E (Mermaid headstock inlay)
Larrivee D-60
Martin D-42K2 All Koa
Taylor JDCM All Koa
Taylor K-20-C All Koa
Taylor PG-LTD Myrtle
....and many more Electric guitars

WOW......hard to top that one so I won't even try.   I'll just post these two as examples of more commonly seen headstocks.    That's a lotta inlay. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: dependan on August 02, 2008, 09:04:23 AM
     Your photo is fine, what's on the truss rod adj. cover plate on the one on the left?

That's a Grateful Dead "Dancing Bear" done by Bill Nichols.

Dan
"Time flies like an arrow..Fruit flies like a banana"
Townes Van Zandt

sure you guys have the beautiful inlaid headstocks... but how about the plain ole worn and beat up headstocks? I got one for that category right here

Fender American Strat
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES-335
05 Larrivee OM-03R
Gibson LC-1 Cascade

That must be your LC-1. Seen a few gigs, eh?

Danny, hehe no way... my LC-1 is brand new and actually looks really nice. Not nice like the uber inlaid beauties some of the other guys have but still a nice looking inlay. I haven't taken pics of the LC1 yet but will post one when I get some shot. The one in that pic is a 1965 gibson melody maker. An oldie but goodie

Fender American Strat
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES-335
05 Larrivee OM-03R
Gibson LC-1 Cascade

OOPS, I just assumed being a "L" and "1" that it was a small bodied acoustic. Thanks for sharing.    Danny

ok, I took a shot of my new gibson acoustic. It isn't a fancy headstock but looks nice.
Fender American Strat
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES-335
05 Larrivee OM-03R
Gibson LC-1 Cascade

Edwardtang, that guitar you posted sure had alot of inlay work. Where did you find it? Imagine how much time it took to do all that work!

My Gibson doesn't compare on inlay work but here is another shot of it.
Fender American Strat
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES-335
05 Larrivee OM-03R
Gibson LC-1 Cascade