Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mayer at Verizon Music Center, Noblesville, IN  (Read 775 times)
Bailey

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2008, 05:10:12 PM »

I went to the concert last night close to Indy and I must say that I was impressed. I was not a huge fan before seeing him live, but his guitar playing is impressive. He has evolved into a very accomplished musician and songwriter.

I would say to those who aren't sure about John Mayer, go see him live.

Great show!!

Larrivee L_03RE
Larrivee OM_03R
PRS Soapbar
Boneyard Les Paul
Custom Strat

"It will be a great day when the schools get all the money that they need and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."
                  --Bumper Sticker
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 06:22:11 PM »

A lot of Mayer's songs would devolve into bubblegum pop in the hands of a lesser muscian. Mayer, in my opinion, is a truly gifted songwriter first and foremost, and secondly a MONSTER electric blues player. I saw an interview with Double Trouble where they were talking about having recently played with Mayer and Tommy Shannon gave him what Tommy says is the biggest compliment he can bestow. Tommy said "that kid has BIG EARS!"
DaveyO
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 01:35:38 PM »

John Mayer is  one
 of my favorites,
"Stop this train" is one of those songs that I wish I wrote.
Not really into his electric playing,(which is Darn good)
But I love his acoustic songs, especially on Room for squares.
Dave
omozom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 07:46:14 PM »

He is the real deal. I too was kinda neutral on him and then a year ago I saw him in concert and I have been a big fan ever since.
Continuum is an outstanding album. He knows how to turn a phrase.
I agree on Stop this train. I still get chills when I hear it. To be so young an be able to convey those feelings...amazing.
I have to wonder if his father really expressed that to him. Even if he did how many kids would be in tune enough to put it all together. Best song I have heard in years that didn't come from the pen of Lucinda Williams or Richard Thompson.

oz
Atlanta, GA.

Larrivee LSV-11
Blueridge BR-1060 Carter Stanley
Hagstrom O102S Cedar/Hog OM
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 03:10:07 AM »

No doubt about it, he is a great guitarist.  But I cannot get past the sound of his voice. 
tonejones

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 01:35:04 PM »

Bailey,
I know this is rather late in the thread and in time, but I just read this and wanted to add my 2 cents...

I was at the Noblesville show...I must admit....it was for my wife...she is a dyed in the wool Mayer fan...

We were in the pavillion, but waaay back...say two rows from lawn so I did not get the full effect...I sat there the entire time wishing I was closer.

I was impressed...he can truly play!  We had a great time there....

Nice to see another from the great rows of corn here!
Bailey

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »

Bailey,
I know this is rather late in the thread and in time, but I just read this and wanted to add my 2 cents...

I was at the Noblesville show...I must admit....it was for my wife...she is a dyed in the wool Mayer fan...

We were in the pavillion, but waaay back...say two rows from lawn so I did not get the full effect...I sat there the entire time wishing I was closer.

I was impressed...he can truly play!  We had a great time there....

Nice to see another from the great rows of corn here!

It was indeed a good time! I find myself listening a learning John Mayer songs now.

Larrivee L_03RE
Larrivee OM_03R
PRS Soapbar
Boneyard Les Paul
Custom Strat

"It will be a great day when the schools get all the money that they need and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."
                  --Bumper Sticker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: