Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: New to recording and will be using a Mac  (Read 493 times)
tubeornot2b

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2008, 09:29:44 PM »

in the same boat. New iMAC in hand I am scoping out the interfaces and it seems like a toss up between the DUET and the Presonus Firebox, or Firestudio.

Presonus offer more inputs than I really need. DUET rep is better preamps, true or not????? Any help out there on that one????? better quality???

backup hard drives are recommended because of large amounts of memory that just a few song projects can use. DD EFFECTS AND SIZE INCREASES QUICKLY. From what I am seeing a firewire hub may also be needed.
canoeplayguitar

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:22:39 PM »

I have read many reports online about the Duet preamps and the sound quality of Apogee.   It is supposedly very good; however, being new to recording and not being someone with professional sound experience I don't know how much difference there would be to my ears with a recording done on the Duet vs Presonus?  According to some reviews and forums I have read there is a bog difference.   But of course you need to take into account the mics, room, cables, set up and so forth....

I like the fact that the Duet is small and portable and that it is made for Mac and integrates with the software.  I think that would be handy and that's one of the main selling points for me.  The big knob on the Duet is a feature I like as well - it's very simple and all the controls are built into the software and that's another I like.

so i guess it looks like a firewire drive is a good idea....more money to save! 

Scott 

Larrivee LV-03R-TF (Twelfth Fret Custom )
Celtic Cross Weissenborn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: