...heard an Ovation 12-string this past week, and I think...

Started by soonersteamroll, June 16, 2008, 08:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dberch on June 18, 2008, 02:36:17 PM
Fair enough.  And to be honest, that is the least favorite guitar I own, tonewise.  I'd be interested to hear a clip of a live recording where you DO like the sound. Do you have any?

David
Fair enough as well....

This is our band's webpage, so obviously I'm a little biased, but listen to "You Are God Alone" on there: Unfettered (You are God Alone). The overall song still needs a lot of work (my vocals are terrible and the cymbals are too piercing on the choruses, and more)... but personally, I love (and so do many other people) the tone of my acoustic on that song. If you disagree, please feel free and tell me.

I apologize to all of you who think I'm trying to be hostile. I, too, would get defensive if someone came on here and started bashing my Larrivee or even my Epiphone, which I rarely play. I merely wanted to express my frustration with a friend who spent $1,800 on an Ovation when he could've spent that much on a much nicer guitar.... but once again, tone is subjective..... but what everyone on here has to realize too is that this entire FORUM is also subjective and I am free and invited to express my opinions regarding guitars and/or other music-related topics and also to debate. I hope none of you think less of me because of my rant, but rather that you would engage or debate my topics which I bring up. Thanks again for bearing with me!
:donut :coffee :donut2 :donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donut :donut2 :coffee :donut :donut2 :donut :donut2 :wink:
- Southpaw Shredder -

Larrivee OM-03RE

Benford Custom Tele

Ernie Ball VP. Wilson Rippah Q Wah. Barber LTD. MXR 6-band EQ. MXR Carbon Copy. Empress Superdelay. Korg DT-10.

Peavey Classic 50 410. :thumb

Sounds OK, I guess. Can't really hear enough acoustic guitar there to comment.  So, what pickup are you using, and is that a live clip?
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

sorry.... misread your original question. No, that was not a live recording. However, that was my tinny and often cruddy Epiphone PR5-E that has just about been butchered by crappy tech-jobs. It just sounded great in the studio for some strange reason.

I can't really think of any ALL-acoustic clips for you except for the live version of "Love Song" by Third Day and "Captivate Us" by Watermark/Christy Nockels/Charlie Hall. Definitely try and find the live version to Captivate Us... I've got it on my iTunes, and don't really know how I could let you listen to it. You could also buy it for a buck on iTunes. It's the "A Grateful People: Live" album.... sorry, that's just the only all-acoustic stuff I can think of that's live right now....
- Southpaw Shredder -

Larrivee OM-03RE

Benford Custom Tele

Ernie Ball VP. Wilson Rippah Q Wah. Barber LTD. MXR 6-band EQ. MXR Carbon Copy. Empress Superdelay. Korg DT-10.

Peavey Classic 50 410. :thumb