Bought 3 more gits today

Started by Danny, June 13, 2008, 05:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well since 2 left recently and my son is learning classical songs on his own with only a hog top dread and it's his birthday soon, I stopped at a pawn shop far away from where I live and checked out what they had. I quickly found a fair classical missing one plastic knob and knew that one would be a good deal.
      Then I saw a 1967 Stella that had the neck reset (very nicely) and was in excellent shape. I put them on the counter and asked how much for both and he said 120 out the door.I liked that so I didn't even barter.
       But then I spotted a Seagull in another area and it was a parlor size. It was priced much higher,but again I asked how much for all 3 and I walked out with all 3 for 25 more than they wanted for the nice" Seagull Grand S "series, with a nice hard shell case. Looks like it's solid cedar top and cherry, one piece neck and 14 frets to the body. I like this little git . My 1st Seagull. It's all because of you "Canucks" :winkin: If that's how you spell it. Now I have to unload a few more before the wife gets back in 5 days :whistling: Danny

I'm reminded of the character "Pig-Pen" in the comic Peanuts. He occationally would take a bath and get completely clean and would step outside and immediately dirt would cling to him. I occationally clear out all my guitars (ok, most) and then suddenly I will look around and I own about 7 again.

:roll
I have done that! I think it's called MAS (multiple acquisition syndrome)
Larrivee LS-10 Custom "Jesse"
Larrivee 000-50 "Emma"
Larrivee 00-50 "Dublin"
Larrivee 00-60 "Rose"
Larrivee L-03 Koa "Hula"
Martin 5-18 ('57) "Tink"
Banjitar  "Plinky"
Baby Taylor "Lichious"
Taylor GC-5 E
Oscar Schmidt OU-5 concert uke "Abalone & Cheese"
Makai MT-70 tenor uke "Kimme"
Martin M3 Soprano Uke "LJ"
A couple non descript cl

Dependan, wait until you find a Boucher guitar made over in the province of Quebec, these are the Bourgeois of the north. They are made by Claude Boucher the son of Norman Boucher who was the fatrher of the Norman guitars now owned by Godin.Long story short...Haba Haba... :drool:

One of these and you sell your babies.

Pierre

:guitar

FIII LS 03 MH #74      Charlotte
LS 09 FM                    Ari
Moisan OM                  Unique

Quote from: pierrev on June 15, 2008, 11:33:29 AM
Dependan, wait until you find a Boucher guitar made over in the province of Quebec, these are the Bourgeois of the north. They are made by Claude Boucher the son of Norman Boucher who was the fatrher of the Norman guitars now owned by Godin.Long story short...Haba Haba... :drool:

One of these and you sell your babies.

Pierre

I gott agree with you Pierre - in fact, I think I may be the guy who sold you your boucher????? (joe)  how ya doing and I see you still love the boucher ! 

I thought I was bad for buying a guitar when another was still enroute to me.  three in one day has to be a record!   

Quote from: larriveeluver on June 17, 2008, 06:45:09 PM
I gott agree with you Pierre - in fact, I think I may be the guy who sold you your boucher????? (joe)  how ya doing and I see you still love the boucher ! 

Sorry to disapoint you but it aint me but i'm looking at a Boucher Spruce Goose OM, all spruce front , back, side with cocobolo triming and gotho gold tuners. I will try one next week at luthier who has one. If i want to order one it's a 3 to 5 months wait. so let you know what i think of it.

Pierre

Quote from: Cowgirlie on June 15, 2008, 09:59:24 AM
:roll
I have done that! I think it's called MAS (multiple acquisition syndrome)

Oh great! Now I've caught a disease from Canada called MAS! :winkin:

I always do things this way, I've owned 5 BMW autos at one time, TWICE (16 total) Plus 2 BMW touring Motorcycles at the same time. They were different mdels of RT"s. At the same time I had a "YamaHarley". 3 Bikes total at the same time.Maybe its cos I had little to nuthin as a kid and I am just a "Pigpen" attracting dust. My nickname was Dirt ya know.
               Oh, well... there are worse addictions than guitars.   GAS and MAS!  :guitar :guitar :guitar   Dirt: I mean, Danny

Quote from: pierrev on June 17, 2008, 09:16:48 PM
Sorry to disapoint you but it aint me but i'm looking at a Boucher Spruce Goose OM, all spruce front , back, side with cocobolo triming and gotho gold tuners. I will try one next week at luthier who has one. If i want to order one it's a 3 to 5 months wait. so let you know what i think of it.

Pierre

That'f funny, what are the odds, more that one Pierre in Canada   :roll

Glad you mentioned the spruce goose, I've long wondered about that one.  the most feedback I could ever find was that it was 'different' whatever that means

They make an all mahogany, so why not an all spruce??

I agree with you about their quality.  (based on owning just one)  FANTASTIC  -  playability was great too.  I'd have to say they didn't seem too friendly.  I spoke with one of the brothers once - and unlike Hoover, or Collings or Huss/Dalton - he seemed very non-customer oriented.   I walked away from that conversation with a not-so-pos attitude

Since that dad basically started the Godin Co (largest in the world - yes even bigger than fender or martin) the Boucher name should be known by everyone - he's like the orig drummer for the Beattles

Quote from: larriveeluver on June 18, 2008, 10:39:50 AM
That'f funny, what are the odds, more that one Pierre in Canada   :roll

Glad you mentioned the spruce goose, I've long wondered about that one.  the most feedback I could ever find was that it was 'different' whatever that means

They make an all mahogany, so why not an all spruce??

I agree with you about their quality.  (based on owning just one)  FANTASTIC  -  playability was great too.  I'd have to say they didn't seem too friendly.  I spoke with one of the brothers once - and unlike Hoover, or Collings or Huss/Dalton - he seemed very non-customer oriented.   I walked away from that conversation with a not-so-pos attitude

Since that dad basically started the Godin Co (largest in the world - yes even bigger than fender or martin) the Boucher name should be known by everyone - he's like the orig drummer for the Beattles

Funny there's only two of us and you spoke to the other one  :humour:
I was told by Pierre Laporte Luthier who owns one that the sound is very velvety and smouth and is in between Mahogany and Cedar. The projection is close to Mahogany. He says he uses it for recording sessions and it is then that he sees the potential of it.
I will let you know what i think of it soon and also if it's really worth it because of the price and i dont do any recording.

Pierre

Quote from: pierrev on June 18, 2008, 11:30:52 AM
the sound is very velvety and smouth and is in between Mahogany and Cedar.

super - cant' wait

Quote from: larriveeluver on June 18, 2008, 11:32:54 PM
super - cant' wait
Alright I'll bite...Show some pics of thi git and it's specs. so some of us will be able to understand a little better.  :donut :donut2 :coffee

Quote from: dependan on June 19, 2008, 07:31:09 AM
                            Alright I'll bite...Show some pics of thi git and it's specs. so some of us will be able to understand a little better.  :donut :donut2 :coffee

I don't know, do you know the super secret handshake and password ???   :wink:

http://www.guitareboucher.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-C5STA_TG8

I did get the Seagull Grand S cleaned up, pulled the saddle and leveled the bottom and , yes filed down each of the slots that were cut into the Tusq . Keeping the angles as close to the original as I could. Put new Elixer nanos on and tuned it up.
               All I can say is I never expected what came out of this little guitar. It is LOUD and bright. No small sound to be heard at all. It stays in tune up the neck so the saddle is right. I get a little buzz if I strum to hard. But all my guitars do that, cos I like the action way low.
               This is much more of a guitar than I expected. A definite keeper. Actually I may sell my Gibson now. :whistling: