Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Specific Specs  (Read 1156 times)
macallan12y

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »

I  Larrivee and I am looking for a new guitar with specific specs.

I want something like an OM-03R with a 24.5 or 24.9" scale length and a 1.68" nut width.  I am primarily
a blues player who doesn't need much string spacing.

I could also be interested in something like a P-03R with it's standard scale length but with a narrower
(1.68") nut.

What brands and models should I look at?  I can get the specks that I want from Martin
but larrivee sound a lot better for my music.  Across the board, the sound better
from the P series to the D series.  I am not sure they do it but there is just
something special about these guitars.
jeremy3220
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 02:50:19 AM »

You didn't give a price range but SCGC will build you one. They have a range of different sounds to choose from(balanced,bassy, etc) but they won't sound anything like an OM-03R.

macallan12y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 05:18:55 AM »

You didn't give a price range but SCGC will build you one. They have a range of different sounds to choose from(balanced,bassy, etc) but they won't sound anything like an OM-03R.

Good point.  When buying a guitar I usually say that I won't spend more than a thousand but I will spend two for a special guitar.  I'm not keen on having guitars built for me.  Thing is, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't sell it.  Too sensitive. 

Also, I prefer to buy used as my money goes further.

I have a feeling that I am going to get a Martin 000-28 but I would much rather find a Larrivee with the specks that I want.  Better value with Larrivee imho.

Can't do the 1.75, though.  It slows me down.  I'm not one of the best players around by any measure but I am a faster and cleaner finger picker at 1.68".  I just don't need much room.
dermot

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 05:01:22 AM »

if you see a 60's Guild F20 or F30 you might want to give it a try, the f20 is about the size of a Martin 00, and the F30 about the size of the Larrivee OM03, they will have 1 & 5/8's lo-pro necks much like Gibbie SG of the same era....

If you're really lucky you might find one from the Hobboken era.. and they often go for a song.. like  > 1K

Ta,

d.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 06:00:34 PM »

I played a 000-28V EC a few days ago, very, very nice.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: