Larrivee D-40

Started by lolligagger, April 26, 2008, 08:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I snapped a few pics of my D-40 this afternoon while taking a short break from playing her. I hope you enjoy them...its been a really great day.

Very  :nice guitar:  Great pictures
Glad to finaly see it.
:coffee  :donut2  :donut
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

1948 Gibson LG-2
1970 Martin D-18
1971 Martin 000-18
1974 Larrivee 12-String
1978 Larrivee L09-R

Quote from: Johnny Canso on April 27, 2008, 06:01:47 PM
Hey Dale:  how bouts we start a pic thread of D-40's & see if we can muster up the 40 that have been made! What do ya think bro?

Larrivee D-40 #96865  Build Date/ 09/25/07

Nice guitars both of you.  I`ve played one before and it was great.  Sorry Johnny Canso, just thought your pics would look better in the thread, hope that`s ok?

I wouldn't mind at all to see a few more D-40 owners post their pics in this thread. JC and I were corresponding, and wondering how many of these guitars are out there. I was told by the L&McQ salesguy that 40 were made in 2006 exclusively for their 50th anniversary. Interestingly enough, Johnny's guitar was made in 2007 and has a herringbone binding and rosette, while mine has only the herringbone rosette. It would be great to know if this guitar is still being produced and fun to note the differences between the various guitars produced each year.

I say 'post em if you got em'... :thumb

Hi, I'm new to this forum.  I was searching about and came upon this thread.  I too have a D-40, Serial 80317, build date May 2005 according to Larrivee.  While I don't have any photo's of it, it looks very similiar to lolligager's. 

Hey and welcome!

I find your response very interesting...who would of thought that the D-40 model was made in 2005? Both your information, and that supplied by Johnny Canso contradict statements from the Larrivee rep and the L&McQ sales rep regarding the limited run of this model produced in 2006. Whatever...great guitar! Where did you get yours, and are you happy with it? What styles of music do you play? Maybe you could post some pics for us enthusiasts?

Have some donuts and a coffee on me!

:donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donut

Hey Mr. Elephant....got GAS for some pics & info???? :welcome: :gotpics:
1948 Gibson LG-2
1970 Martin D-18
1971 Martin 000-18
1974 Larrivee 12-String
1978 Larrivee L09-R

Hi,

I'm new to the board, so, Hello!

I just bought my first Larrivee, it's a D-40RW0, serial 101564...anyways, how do I post pics?

Thanks,

Tricky

Quote from: tricky on January 09, 2009, 01:14:41 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the board, so, Hello!

I just bought my first Larrivee, it's a D-40RW0, serial 101564...anyways, how do I post pics?

Thanks,

Tricky

You need to make 10 posts before you can post pics, then you can click on additional options below the box you type into, and it has a box for pictures and a browse button.  The instructions are all there once you have 10 posts.

You'll need to offer donuts as well, Newbie tradition.

:donut :donut2

:nice guitar: by the way - looking forward to pics.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

So, 10 posts and I can place some pics?  Sounds fine to me. 

It took me a little bit to find some info. on the D-40...any reason why it's so inexpensive?

BTW, I'm really happy with the sound I'm getting...I was looking for .a bluegrass guitar, this one do.es it well

:donut :donut :donut2 :donut2

:nice guitar: and nice pics.  :wave
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Quote from: tricky on January 09, 2009, 01:56:08 PM
So, 10 posts and I can place some pics?  Sounds fine to me. 

It took me a little bit to find some info. on the D-40...any reason why it's so inexpensive?

It's just the Larrivee magic!

But part of the reason is that it's a satin finish (like all the guitars in the 03 series) rather than a gloss finish, like all the other guitars in the "Traditional" series.  A gloss finish is a labour-intensive job and boosts the price significantly. 

Basically the D-40 is a satin-finish D-60.

D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Alright...here's some pics of my new D-40...I've had this for about a week now and it's great...sometimes it's like it's playing itself...Magic indeed!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: lolligagger on April 26, 2008, 08:07:22 PM
I snapped a few pics of my D-40 this afternoon while taking a short break from playing her. I hope you enjoy them...its been a really great day.

The way the grain of the neck flows around the heel is so cool. - its a beautiful guitar  :+1:
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

nice looking tuners on those guitars!  :smile:
Dave
'12 L-03RW Italian Spruce (Wildwood)

Quote from: Zohn on January 15, 2009, 11:44:54 PM
The way the grain of the neck flows around the heel is so cool. - its a beautiful guitar  :+1:

Strangely enough, I never really noticed that particular detail before...those darned pretty looking tuners always catch and hold my attention. But now that you mention it, that does look really cool...