Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breedlove OM-M Almost Home (Pictures Added)  (Read 2123 times)
pg60

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 03:33:52 AM »

How do you know the finish is light?

I sold it to Lee.

Why wait any longer for the world to begin?
hogwldfltr

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 04:46:09 AM »

Lee,

This is no longer my guitar but please think about this carefully.  That light polish is one reason the guitar is so responsive.  You are talking to the Breedlove guys so I'm sure they won't steer you wrong.

Jeremy: the pictures don't do that finish justice.  It is not a satin finish like a Larrivee 03 series.  It is a hand rubbed light gloss, closer to a buffed out 03 then a satin finish.  I think the current finish suits the minimalist spartan aesthetic of the guitar perfectly.  It is very light but still shiny and doesn't smudge.

Sorry for butting in, it is your guitar now.  But I can't help it if I still have feelings for her   

After talking with the factory, I'm pretty convinced that a new finish would require a refinish and not just a buffing so it stays as it is. Responsive but with the guard replaced. So much fdr a shiney guitar. But I've got enough of those for now anyway.

-Lee
jeremy3220
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 10:06:49 AM »

Maybe the guitar is more glossy than the pics but here's a buffed 03... more than semi-gloss I'd say

hogwldfltr

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 01:42:36 PM »

Maybe the guitar is more glossy than the pics but here's a buffed 03... more than semi-gloss I'd say

Very nice once it loaded. I agree that is a great gloss job. I've not been able to get one that glossy.

Won't try on this on either.

-Lee
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: