Acoustic Electric and what a surprise!

Started by skramer, April 13, 2008, 10:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

As some of you know I recently had hand surgery on my left hand and I still find it difficult to play at times. I then started to look for a crossover acoustic nylon string guitar that still had a 1.75" nut and to my surprise it was not as easy a task that I thought.  Found classical guitars in abundance, but not with a narrow neck most were 2.06 and larger.

So it happens I went to a new clients business a music school (mostly guitar) and one of the instructors was playing an Ovation crossover (model CC059 ) nylon string guitar with a shallow bowl, Cedar top and a 1.75" nut.  I explained what I was looking for and he handed me the guitar to try.  WOW!!!!  TO MY SURPRISE, NO PAIN. This guitar was what i was looking for.  OVATION?  I whet and bought one and I have been playing again and enjoying it.  I still am a devoted Larrivee fan, but right know this is helping me to regain the strength in my hand and the dexterity I need to ply.

OVATION< WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :nice guitar:

Coffee and doughnuts to all! :donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee :donut2
Larrivee OM-03RE 2004
Larrivee Parlor O-R 2003
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Taylor T5z - Mahogany
Yamaha Acoustic SLG200

Congratulations, I'm glad you found something that works for you. Ovation makes a good electric acoustic guitar.

:coffee  :donut2  :donut
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Some players bash Ovation, but if I was in your situation, I wouldn't WHO made the guitar if it allowed me to play!  :guitar
Mark from Wis.
Guild D-35
2004 Larrivee D-09

Martin LXK2
Epiphone Elitist '61 Reissue EB3 (for Sale!)
Birdsong Skyrider custom bass.