12 String Electric guitar (cheap)

Started by rrgguitarman, April 11, 2008, 06:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can anyone recommend a Cheap but, good 12 string electric guitar? I want to use it to add texture to some recordings that my wife and I are planning on doing. I remember reading somewhere that the Yamaha Pacifica were nice guitars for the price. I'm looking to spend somewhere between 3-4 hundred or so.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Ruben

Long ago in the distant past Fener had a 12 strat that was made in Japan that was pretty cool.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I was thinking about a Fender...
Ruben

The Pacifica is a winner. Highest recommendation.

Quote from: ducktrapper on April 11, 2008, 11:45:28 PM
The Pacifica is a winner. Highest recommendation.

I hear that they are great guitars but, can't find one.
Ruben

I got mine offa eBay. Old stock but basically brand new. As nice an electric 12 as I've ever played. Through a  compressor/sustainer it does anything a Ricki will do and is way more playable than most. Not quite as cool but whaddyagonna do? How about Craig's list?   

QuoteHow about Craig's list? 

Tried, no cigar.
Ruben

The Fender 12-string Strat is closer to a grand, I think.

The Danelectro 12 isn't bad.  I think it's a couple hundred more than you want to spend, but still cheap.

Eastwood, a Canadian company that sells wacky, inexpensive Chinese-made guitars, now has a couple of 12s in its lineup.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

QuoteThe Fender 12-string Strat is closer to a grand, I think.

For a mexican strat?

I've heard some good things about Eastwood.
Thanks.
Ruben

Quote from: rrgguitarman on April 12, 2008, 01:11:16 AM
I hear that they are great guitars but, can't find one.

I have one that I've been thinking about selling:

I love Pacificas and this one plays very easily, but I have a Takamine 12 - EF396RE that gets way more playing time than this one. If you're interested, I could take better pics and send them to you.

dg

Quote from: dgrose on April 13, 2008, 08:27:58 AM
I have one that I've been thinking about selling:

I love Pacificas and this one plays very easily, but I have a Takamine 12 - EF396RE that gets way more playing time than this one. If you're interested, I could take better pics and send them to you.

dg

PM sent. Thanks.
Ruben

Quote from: rrgguitarman on April 12, 2008, 03:37:24 PM
For a mexican strat?

I tried the Strat 12 when I was looking for a 12.  Are they Mexican made?  I can't remember.  It was a nice guitar and I love Fenders, but it just seemed to lack the mojo I was looking for.  I got a Jerry Jones Neptune instead.

QuoteHow about Godin?

Duck, I don't think they make an electric 12, though I could be wrong.  I've never seen one.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Yeah you're right, I was thinking of this. I almost bought one a couple of years back but someone beat me to it. 

http://www.godinguitars.com/godina6a12p.htm