Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RS4 Neck Question  (Read 86 times)
Jasn

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2018, 04:05:20 AM »

Hey everyone,

I purchased a gold top RS4 (Lollar pup) from a member on this forum several years ago. It's a beautiful guitar but for much of the last 7-8 years it has stayed in the case. I've always found the neck difficult to play on, especially having spent 15 years on an SG.

Last month I decided it was time to put the RS4 to use and either I'd get the feel for the neck or my fingers would fall off trying. I've got the feel of it, but even after 2-3 hrs/night in the woodshed, I still find it's a difficult guitar to play. So I started doing some research and found the neck has a 16-20" radius. It seems like most guitars with this radius are built for shredding. While the radius might suggest shred, that seems to have too limited appeal for Larrivee to design a guitar around.

Does anyone know what the intention was to build a neck with such an uncommon radius, or the benefits of having a flat radius?
Do you guys find it tougher to play on? I should note my issue is playing big chords, think Every Breath You Take by the Police or jazzy, altered/extended chords.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 12:12:19 PM »

My RS-4 is a dream to play. As fine as the finest electric guitars I've ever encountered. This probably doesn't help. My hands aren't your hands.   
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 12:22:20 PM »

I echoe Ducktrappers comment. I have always assumed the RS4 neck was designed to closely resemble their acoustics as I have no hesitation switching back and forth unlike some other electrics that sometimes gets in the mix.

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 01:48:04 PM »

Ditto the two comments directly above ...  My RS4's and RS2's are the most comfortable to play electric guitars I own...  and sound much better than many others...

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: