Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1994 Taylor 612c new arrival pics  (Read 1494 times)
gary0319

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2008, 12:55:06 AM »

After some searching, today I'm the proud owner of one of the guitars I've had a hankering for for some time. Only two makers continually give me gas, Larrivee and the Taylors of the mid 90's. I have no lust for the NT Neck Taylors. The Taylor got me this time.

Even though Taylor makes a big deal about their revoicing the entire line in the last few years, it's the mid 90's Taylor small bodies that to my ear have the biggest voices, still. Add to that they are almost feather light, and have a neck that any Strat player would be fond of, and you have a very special acoustic instrument.

Also they had some of the best woods that were than available. My new-to-me 612c is a 1994 cutaway, no PU, Quilted Maple back and sides, and a stunningly silked Sitka top.

Have a peek for yourselves, 

http://www.nebelphotography.com/Taylor612.htm

Gary

Taylor Custom GC all mahogany
Tayor 812c (1997)
Taylor 612c (1994)
Yamaha FG730S
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Samick Greg Bennett OM-08CE
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 04:40:43 AM »

That is amazing Can I post the pics in "Maple sides and Back"? I know that you know your gits Gary so you'll have me keeping an eye out for a 94 Maple Taylor.  If I don't find a Maple 00-50 or 00-09 first.
    If I find one some how whats a fair price and did you find this on AGF?
                      Congrats,  nice guitar and very nice Pictures! (what is it you do for a living? )   Danny

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
gary0319

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 01:16:57 PM »

Hi Danny,

Feel free to post the pics.

Thanks for the comments on the pics.  Nebel Photography, www.nebelphotography.com is owned by me and my wife, and specializes in eco-journalism and some commercial photography, so camera work is all part of the normal stuff for us.

I've sent you a PM on the pricing question.

Gary

Taylor Custom GC all mahogany
Tayor 812c (1997)
Taylor 612c (1994)
Yamaha FG730S
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Samick Greg Bennett OM-08CE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: