Nice Guitar

Started by ducktrapper, April 04, 2008, 03:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looks pretty nice. That 16" lower bout has come standard on the L for a while now. I think the deeper L would deliver more oomph, as well but I'd like to try one of these.   

http://www.12fret.com/new/Martin_M-38_guitar_pg.html

Wow! A listen to the mp3 of that guitar has me-a-wishing :drool: I love a good Martin...
Larrivee L-03QM

I had the pleasure of catching Steve Earle about a month ago and, although always a Gibson player in the past, he had this and the similar Dave bromberg guitars with him on that night.  not a gibby 6 string in sight.

And they sound great.
2004 SD-60
2000 Martin OM-21
1973 LoPrinzi LR-15

The sound clip has me thinking I need to drive down to the 12th Fret and give it a few strums! :drool:
L-03R
P-05
Godin SD

If I could find a guitar that played like that I would buy it in a minute. Mine all sound like some amateur is playing them.
:wave
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

These are sweet guitars. I have have several Martin M body pass thought and all were amazing to play and listen to. I got on the bandwagon a few years ago when a guy had me do some extensive repair work on an older one. I was very impressed and hopfull that the new ones would live up to the expectations I had. They did. I sold three of the  Dave Bromberg Limitted editions and wow.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Jim - I am curious. How would they compare to an L? They appear to be close cousins, the M38   having more of an OM shaped upper bout, the L being slightly deeper. How about under the hood?   

absolutely beautiful guitar. i would enjoy to call that guitar my own and i'm not really a martin fan
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Great sound clip. Sounds fab.

Quote from: ducktrapper on April 05, 2008, 06:48:56 AM
Jim - I am curious. How would they compare to an L? They appear to be close cousins, the M38   having more of an OM shaped upper bout, the L being slightly deeper. How about under the hood?   
If you listen to some of the old Dave Bromberg recordings you can here it well... this big fat bass with a nice strong mid and top end. Has the power of a D but not the boom. A lot more refined. Great now you gave me some GAS
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

kinda surprised it doesnt come with open back tuners.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60