"Anti Rust" Strings?

Started by ncognito, April 12, 2008, 06:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has anyone tried the new Elixer Anti Rust Nanowebs; are there other brands with the same claim?  I like the regular Nanowebs by Elixer.  Do these new strings feel, play or last differently?
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

i've used them on my electric. i wasnt real impressed with them. havent tried the acoustics though.
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

There are several brands that sell coated strings, Elixer, Cleartone, etc. There is also a brand called Rohrtech that sell nickle coated titanium strings that are non coated and are touted as corrosion proof. Generally, most feel the coating on the strings lends itself to a less lively sound and the go dead rather quickly. Currently, I'm stringing my L-10 with the Rohrtech today. I'll let you know what I think. You can read through This Thread about the Rohrtech.
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

I was at the local guitar store to pick up a new set of strings today, (i'm an elixer nano user) and all they had were the anti-rust variety. So i bought a set... and I logged on tonight looking for an answer to the very same question you just asked!  :bgrin:

I think i'm going to go put them on just now, and I'll post an update when I decide if they're any different.
'06 Larrivee LV-03E
'03 Art & Lutherie Cherrywood