me and my 00-50 poster

Started by Denis, April 01, 2008, 05:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i like it. i'm always torn between what chord to make when people say they want a picture of me playing my guitar.

quality photo
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

Great poster and great music on YouTube, Dennis! The poster matches your music really well. You got that with a digital camera? Did you do any "Photoshopping" (or "GIMPing" if you use Linux)?

I have a confession to make. I never listened to Hank until I read Dylan - he said listen to Hank, so I did. Wow.

Bill
Larrivee OM-03R 2007
Aria Classical mid 1960s Model A550 S/No 83
Fender Stratocaster 2000

Quote from: billchivers on April 10, 2008, 02:59:40 AM
Great poster and great music on YouTube, Dennis! The poster matches your music really well. You got that with a digital camera? Did you do any "Photoshopping" (or "GIMPing" if you use Linux)?

I have a confession to make. I never listened to Hank until I read Dylan - he said listen to Hank, so I did. Wow.

Bill

A friend at work did the Photoshop stuff.  Here's the original shot:

I had actually been playing around with the aspect ratio as well...cutting out the speaker cabinet at the bottom and a bit off the top.  She also did all the sepia and lettering...great job, don't you think?

I bought a double CD compilation of Hank Williams last year...that man wrote 'em and now everyone else is singing 'em...amazing songwriter, great stuff.

Quote from: Denis on April 10, 2008, 06:02:17 AM

I bought a double CD compilation of Hank Williams last year...that man wrote 'em and now everyone else is singing 'em...amazing songwriter, great stuff.

If you like Hank check out Lefty Frisell. In my mind a better singer.

Again, great editing on the poster.
If it sounds good, it is good.

Quote from: bearsville0 on April 10, 2008, 07:00:22 AM
If you like Hank check out Lefty Frisell. In my mind a better singer.

Again, great editing on the poster.

Oh sure! He prefers a "Lefty"!  :humour:   

Quote from: ducktrapper on April 10, 2008, 07:08:05 AM
Oh sure! He prefers a "Lefty"!  :humour:   

Glad I didn't recommend "Willie" Nelson! :ohmy:
If it sounds good, it is good.

Quote from: bearsville0 on April 10, 2008, 07:15:21 AM
Glad I didn't recommend Willie Nelson! :ohmy:

No problem, as long as you don't say, "He's a better singer."   :whistling: 
Btw, I have more in common with Willie than either of the first two. I'd probably last longer on the bus than Toby Keith did!  :ph34r: