Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoom H2 or H4 ?  (Read 6518 times)
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 09:00:45 PM »

bluesman67 is correct.     The menu offers MP3 recording from 48 kbps to 320 kbps.  I usually use 128.   A number of wav  settings can be used as well.   I've used my H2 to convert analog tape to mp3 many times.
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »

Thanks Tuffy, good luck trying to convince my wife that I'm correct. 

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
gregor

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 09:17:35 PM »

Oh, you mean from the H4n... i was talking about cubase... now i have found it in the H4n for recording into mp3

but i think to convert a existing wav file to mp3 with the h4n i need the programm "vortex zoom encoder"

bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 09:26:53 PM »

Try AVS Audio Tools 4 software, you can download it online for about $30 and it lets you save as mp3, also has a nice crop feature to get rid of noise at the end or beginning of the recording and you can also make ringtones with it.  I think you can even naturalize with it too, but I can't remember.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

gregor

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 09:54:08 PM »

Thank you bluesman67 

BTW: To record as mp3 is only possible in Stereo Modus, but not in the 4 Channel and not in the MTR Mode, right?

Greg
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 09:56:04 PM »

I think Audacity or dbPowerAmp will both convert wav to mp3 - both free.  Probably lots of other options as well -

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
gregor

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 10:42:40 PM »

Audacity works great!! And its really free! Thank you very much Tad!! 
Melodeous

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 01:21:51 AM »

I'm not sure if I fully understand where your problem is, but there is a menu option right on the recorder to convert to mp3, I've done it before.

Yep, the screen pops up with the option. A button-push and instant mp3.

I've had the H4 for just a week or so and find it to be pretty simple, actually. Multi-tracking is great if you don't have a DAW on your main computer. I record and then drop-n-drag the file off the H4 onto the recording area of my DAW (Garage Band) so the multi tracking feature is excess to my needs. So far, the built-in X-Y condenser microphones have given exceptional performance for what I do. I haven't tried going with external microphones yet. I hesitate to do that because every time I do I end up less than satisfied with the results. The Zoom H4 needs to be properly placed, no doubt, but it's a lot easier to move one simple device than several. I aim mine at the 10th fret and I'm usually satisfied with the results. I'll be using this recorder to collaborate with another musician many states away from me as we transfer tracks back and forth. It's the best signal chain device I've used yet.
MacNichol

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 06:25:52 PM »

I use the H2 as an external stereo microphone to capture sound for a lot of the newer MacNichol videos.  I've used it to record live sets and song ideas.  The H2 has paid for itself and then some.  I would definitely look into getting a new one if anything ever happened to mine. 

--------------
www.MacNichol.com
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 05:14:46 PM »

Ben and Tuffy both reported their H2's SD-Card Covers broke because of a flimsy design. Is that design improved on the H4 and H4n models?

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 05:37:39 PM »

One of the mica on mine sometimes hums real bad until you give it a dunk on the table. The left channel is about 15% quieter than the right too. Easy to fix in audacity, but I wouldn't recommend it if build quality is high on your agenda.

It does it's job awesomely though, and apart from the issues mentioned, it defies it's cost.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 08:26:38 AM »

I have had a H4 for a few years now, and find it simple to use... i mainly record the end of practice sessions to learn from my mistakes, by listening back the next day.
i keep it out, on a small camera tripod beside my guitar, you can see it beside the music stand... everything is easy to get to

From this pic, the H4n seems pretty straight-forward to use..

[attachment deleted by admin]

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 12:28:04 PM »

The H4n is supposed to be more user friendly than the H2 or H4, also it's supposed to be better built for durability...and as an added bonus...it can be used as a TAZER.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 12:52:04 PM »

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2009, 10:43:53 PM »

The H4n is supposed to be more user friendly than the H2 or H4, also it's supposed to be better built for durability...and as an added bonus...it can be used as a TAZER.

But what they don't tell you is that it really goes through batteries in that mode -  get the AC adaptor.

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: