Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the "no-cut" iMix (or like kind) affect the guitar's sound?  (Read 473 times)
scotty

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2008, 03:48:39 AM »

I'm wondering if having a big pickup system like the imix no-cut will affect the sound of a guitar much since it is attached with velcro to the back wood. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?  And in addition, with "notch" electronics change the sound less? Thanks.
Dale_I
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 04:01:12 AM »

"Technically" they would. Realistically, it would challenge even the best ear to pick out the guitar with a pick up system installed versus the same guitar without. You do not necessarily have to place the unit on the back. However, access to the trim panel is far better to have than not for tuning or balancing the sound. I've put systems in all my guitars and none of them changed sound after the install. Both barn door and interior mount.

I've got the no-cut iMix in the LV-10 and the predecessor Duet II system as a barn door in the Seagull. Either guitar can be played totally acoustically without anyone knowing (except the obvious control panel in the Seagull).

"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: