"Gravelly Bob" is in the house!

Started by Yoyodyne, March 20, 2008, 10:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FedEx just delivered the L-03SO (Grevillea Robusta) that I ordered from Jason at Notable Guitars. He (aka Gravelly Bob) is still in the shipping box, I'll wait a day or so before the big unveiling. Hopefully his sound will belie his new nickname! Refreshments for all!  :donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :coffee :donut2 :donut2 :donut :donut :donut
2008 Larrivée L-03SO (Grevillea Robusta)
2008 Art & Lutherie Ami Almond
2000 Larrivée OM-02

Congrats!! Don't forget the pictures as soon as you unveil him!
:gotpics: :gotpics: :gotpics:
Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name ...

(Grevillea Robusta) = Gravelly Bob  I get it... Great play on words for the name.  I definitely want to know how it compares to your other guitars, and pics would be cool.
00-05 SH, '73 Hernandez Classical, Taylor 314

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=770687

Got Gravelly Bob unpacked today, and all I can say is "Wow!" Allow me to quote zoeieio's superb description of his new Grevillea Robusta:

"This L-03SO (Silver Oak) or (Grevillea Robusta) just sings! It is extremely balanced and just plain sings!! By that I mean that it has a built in chorus effect without the electronic garbage. That's the best definition of a singing guitar that I can give. The lows have great depth...the mids and highs project. They are not thinned or muffled sounding. Very clear and defined."

zoeieio is right on the money, this guitar just rings out! Jason at Notable did a super setup (including adding D'Addario EXP lights), this thing plays like buttah... I'll definitely have to come up with a new nickname because despite the Grevillea Robusta finish (very nice!) "Gravelly Bob" is just so out of character for this little sweetie.

Pics to follow.
2008 Larrivée L-03SO (Grevillea Robusta)
2008 Art & Lutherie Ami Almond
2000 Larrivée OM-02

You still have this fancy box?  The pics never followed.  would love the 3-4 year followup report.   :gotpics:   :coffee :donut2 :donut
The dude abides

wow ... now THAT'S digging up on old thread ...  :doh
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Call your little sweetie Lea Bust, cause she's pretty and curvy,  :humour:
Tom:

Peace and LONG LIVE THE BLUES...

2011 Larrivee Wildwood Custom Dv03re
1994 Fender Stratocaster
1964 Fender Duo Sonic ll
2009 Highland Royal Deluxe
Line 6 flextone original model
Mesa Maverick Dual Rectifier
Vox Pathfinder 15r

Quote from: Yoyodyne on March 20, 2008, 10:25:03 AM
FedEx just delivered the L-03SO (Grevillea Robusta) that I ordered from Jason at Notable Guitars. He (aka Gravelly Bob) is still in the shipping box, I'll wait a day or so before the big unveiling.

How do you know what's in the box until you open it?  Don't take any chances...get that thing open. NOW!
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on April 28, 2012, 01:38:59 PM
How do you know what's in the box until you open it?  Don't take any chances...get that thing open. NOW!
THIS A THREAD FROM 2008

haha, old thread revives can be fun.
The dude abides