Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite jazz guitarists?  (Read 1566 times)
mudshark

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 02:53:51 PM »

Scotty Anderson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRJbg1XyEbo&feature=related
tubeornot2b

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 04:23:44 PM »

Trapper,

I checked out the Rossa Passos album, most of the songs are in fact written by Jobim. They are in the Bossa Nova form and sound similar to the Jobim approach to the material. Baden Powell was known for a much more agressive rhytmic approach. Bonfa is probably most known as the composer of Manha De Carnaval (aka the theme from Black Orpheus, or A Day In The Life Of A Fool).
  Toninho is from the next wave of Brazilian music. Originally a part of Milton Nascimento's inner circle known as the Club De Esquina. Though he too is extremely well versed in the bossa nova tradition. He is most known for his complex harmonic approach. His sound is often similar to that of his close friend Pat Metheny. 

Yamandu Costa is another matter entirely. A master of the 7 string nylon string guitar. From delicate and lovely to ferocious he is not to be missed. Check this out... http://youtube.com/watch?v=afVLLWTu7H4&feature=related
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »

I checked some out. Some of it's impressive sure, some ... I dunno, that's the kind of stuff I do in my room when I'm frustrated with my guitar, myself and my playing and just go nuts on the thing. Who knew people wouldn't laugh? 
Novalis

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 07:07:48 PM »

Got to add Tal Farlow. He can swing with the best of them and is self-taught.

Guitars: Larrivee P-05; National Resphonic Style 2 Squareneck;      National Resophonic 12-fret "B"; Dupont MD-50;
Lazy River Weissenborn; Robert Sayers custom flat-top;
Cervantes Crossover; Todd Korup banjo-uke; McSpadden dulcimer;
PRS 22 semi-hollow ltd.; PRS DC3
Amplification: RA-400; Rivera Venus 3
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: