Yet another gotoh tuner question.

Started by bdonwat, March 14, 2008, 12:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey all. has anyone purchased or are familiar with the gotoh 510 midsize tuners Model number7107-CB. I saw them

on the Stewart MacDonald site. I was curious if they would drop in my Larrivee OM 05.

Thanks.
Larrivee OM O5

Guitar Tracks 3

MXL Mic (Computer)

Klipsch Speakers

Yes,

They should fit, the Gotoh number for these should be SGL510, if you were to add a Z after the 510 they would have the 1:21 ratio.  These have the 1:18.  Love that color, I almost got them but opted for Satin Chrome instead.

Both the SGL and SGS series should drop in if you are replacing the Pings.  The L (after SG) is for the regular size and the S (after SG) is for the mini's.  Adding a Z to either increases the mission.  It increases it to 1:18 on the mini's and 1:21 on the regular size.  Although, one supplier does have mini's in gold with a 1:21 mission, they were custom.  You can verify these numbers with StewMac.   

Mine are on their way from Japan.  Can't wait.  Won a K&K mini on Ebay today, so I will do both modifications the same day.

Good Luck

Scott at Domo International has a great selection of the Gotohs.  I believe he does offer the Cosmo Black. 

Just got my mini's from Japan (shipped on the 17th, received on the 19th).  Will update with pictures.  They look to be exactly the same size as the Pings (though my ebony buttons are smaller than the black plastic ones on the Pings).  Incredibly well packaged to prevent shipping damage.
:thumbsup

Hey all heres an update. I got mine today an installed them tonight. Other than a slightly larger wood screw size

than the pings they indeed are drop ins. I just used the screws that were already installed with the pings didnt

want to try resizing the holes and creating trouble for myself. I may have it done sometime in the future though. I

did go with the cosmos black and they look great kinda have a black chrome look to them they go well with the silver

inlay on the headstock. I will get some pics up in a day or so.

Larrivee OM O5

Guitar Tracks 3

MXL Mic (Computer)

Klipsch Speakers