Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie question about Fishman Matrix Natural pickup  (Read 496 times)
mannish

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2008, 09:39:01 PM »

About 6 months ago I had a Fishman Matrix Natural pickup installed on my SD-50.  I use it in conjunction with a Fishman G-II preamp for playing with the praise band at my church. 

I have gotten to the point where I am tired of using the G-II to tweak the tone/volume.  I would prefer to have these controls on the guitar. 

Is it possible to add something to the Fishman Natural to have controls mounted just inside the sound hole?  Is this what the Fishman Matrix Blend would do?  Or would I just have to have a new system installed like the new Fishman Matrix Infinity? 

I apologize if these are "dumb questions" but I am very new to pickups/pre-amps, etc.  Any guidance anyone has would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Webber Roundbody Rosewood/Englemann 2001
Martin OO-15c Custom  Mahogany/Sitka 2014
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 07:04:25 AM »

I'm not sure...but I just yanked mine out of my D-09...didn't care for it. Danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
AtlasHeating

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 12:41:56 AM »

I had the fishman natural 1 on my martin and I upgraded it to the Ellipse blend. Now I can control the volume, phase, and blend from the soundhole. I don't think the ellipse will fit on a Larrivee. You could cut a hole in the side of your guitar and use the blend that comes that way. Or not use a mic at all. I think the sound of the mic adds so much to the amplified sound and is the best thing out there for amplified acoustic guitars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: