Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Larrivee OMV-10 purchase  (Read 1095 times)
dvilla76

Ignore
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:41:52 PM »

Hi, I've been searching high and low for the last few weeks for a new Larrivee OMV style 09 or 10 and finally found this one. New from a heck of a nice guy West Coast Larrivee dealer but a bit different from all the others I've seen - she has a dark top and am told the pic is accurate. This is the first one I've seen like this, I believe its Sitka Spruce and wondering how much darker it'll get over the years. Most of the others NEW look much lighter almost white overall except for some shading. I'm thinking very nice almost vintage looking.

I also had a chance to hear her compared to a pre owned OOO-60 and a New OMV-05 over the phone and was surprised at the difference (no disrespect) and how sweet she sounds.   
Due to the fact that the OMV's have been discontinued and no others are available it looks like she's found a new home.              

I wanted to see what you all think of her and if anyone has pics of their darker top Larrivee.

Thanks, dvilla76

2007 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2010 Gibson SG Standard
2010 Gibson USA Angus Young SG
2011 Gibson 60's Tribute SG
2007 Martin 00015 S
2010 SilverCreek T170
1986 Fender Champ12
1994 MesaBoogie .50 Caliber+
2010 Marshall Class 5
Guia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:16:58 PM »

Congratulations, beautiful guitar.  I also have an OMV-10 in Koa, love it.

Larrivee OM-10 (KOA)
Gibson J-45 (KOA)
Guild D-55
dvilla76

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »

Congratulations, beautiful guitar.  I also have an OMV-10 in Koa, love it.

Hello Guia, Thank you! I can't wait to see her in person. I saw another beautiful OMV-10 Koa for sale here recently but was out of my price range but all's well that ends well. Now she's got to make it here cross country without issue - I hate shipping.   ohmy  Thanks again, dvilla76

2010 Gibson SG Standard
2007 Martin 00015 S
2010 SilverCreek T170
1986 Fender Champ12
2010 Marshall Class 5
blued03r

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:45:06 PM »

Great guitar!  Once again, I'm jealous...grumble, grumble.   bigrin  Maybe one of the reasons that the photo comes in so dark is because of all of that beautiful deep silking on your sitka.  That flame looking grain pattern may give the impression that it is darker/more aged!  Either way, it's a beautiful top! 
Treat her well!  

BTW:  If I were really jealous, I'd say that the "funky yellow reflection" was a tell tale sign of a cheap deodorant stain from the dealer who was obviously playing her w/o a shirt.  Then I'd say, expect her to smell like Right Guard!     
When in fact, what I mean is:   I'm sure she'll arrive just fine!  

Larrivee D-09
Washburn D-10S
Framus Classical Archback
Fender Jazz and P-Basses

"Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?" (Eric Idle)
Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero)
Braxton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 09:55:01 PM »

the "funky yellow reflection" was a tell tale sign of a cheap deodorant stain from the dealer who was obviously playing her w/o a shirt

bigrin bigrin  bigrin

Sandro

Recording King RNJ-25 (2011)
Bruno Barnes Italian Spruce & Maple (2010)
Martin OM-21 Special (2006)
Classic Di Giorgio Student 18 (1975)    

I love the smell of Italian Spruce in the morning
dvilla76

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 11:05:01 PM »

Great guitar!  Once again, I'm jealous...grumble, grumble.   bigrin  Maybe one of the reasons that the photo comes in so dark is because of all of that beautiful deep silking on your sitka.  That flame looking grain pattern may give the impression that it is darker/more aged!  Either way, it's a beautiful top! 
Treat her well!  

BTW:  If I were really jealous, I'd say that the "funky yellow reflection" was a tell tale sign of a cheap deodorant stain from the dealer who was obviously playing her w/o a shirt.  Then I'd say, expect her to smell like Right Guard!     
When in fact, what I mean is:   I'm sure she'll arrive just fine!  

Thanks man, Can't wait!

Thar she is with her pink tag. No pics of the sides and back yet just a teaser, gotta wait till she gets here but also looks to be nice.

Thanks, dvilla76

2010 Gibson SG Standard
2007 Martin 00015 S
2010 SilverCreek T170
1986 Fender Champ12
2010 Marshall Class 5
Tony Burns

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 12:30:36 AM »

Love the Abalone binding - almost a dead on copy of my OMv60 ( same inlay on neck and bridge ) i  have herringbone around the soundhole and the body binding - I love all your silking , to me that is a superior top - you can almost tell its got a killer tone by just looking at it - Larrivee OM cutaways are a real treasure - That is a life time keeper - welcome to the new Daddy club ! given some more time Im betting the color of that top will be butterscotch in color !
dvilla76

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 02:45:56 AM »

Love the Abalone binding - almost a dead on copy of my OMv60 ( same inlay on neck and bridge ) i  have herringbone around the soundhole and the body binding - I love all your silking , to me that is a superior top - you can almost tell its got a killer tone by just looking at it - Larrivee OM cutaways are a real treasure - That is a life time keeper - welcome to the new Daddy club ! given some more time Im betting the color of that top will be butterscotch in color !

Hi Tony, Thanks for the nice words! I also considered the OMv-60, maybe on my next one I'll venture that way. I've heard the term "Silking" for quite a while but didn't know more about it other than the aesthetics so I googled it and was very pleased to read that many had great things to say about it offering a stiffer top and possibly a better quality sound - very interesting. I made the deal solid this evening with the dealer and hope to have her here by Friday.

In case you guys were wondering I swapped the first pic with the yellow funk as well as photoshopping out the pink tag.  bigrin  I hope to have some better pics in the comming weeks.

Thanks again, dvilla76

2010 Gibson SG Standard
2007 Martin 00015 S
2010 SilverCreek T170
1986 Fender Champ12
2010 Marshall Class 5
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 12:26:12 AM »

That Sitka is beautiful!

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
dvilla76

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 05:03:31 AM »

Hi All, It's official - I'm a new dad !!!     She got here on Friday and is way more than I expected. She's not at all as dark as the pics the dealer sent me - WOW - what a piece of wood for the top and the Rosewood to match - can't stop admiring the quality and workmanship. I've been playing her on and off all day until my fingers start to get sloppy and have to rest.     Standard tuning, drop D, and the Rain Song in DGCGCD all sound great, beautiful clear tone with awesome sustain. The setup isn't bad but will have to find someone in SE FL to go over her, now I just have to get used to playing her and learn how to finger pick a lot better as all I've played for a long time are solidbody electrics. I'll be taking some pics soon and will post them. I'm a happy guy lovin my new Larrivee and glad to have a great forum like this to share with others!!!

I'm a little late but I'd like to leave you all a  and some      for the early risers 

Thanks, D

2010 Gibson SG Standard
2007 Martin 00015 S
2010 SilverCreek T170
1986 Fender Champ12
2010 Marshall Class 5
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print