Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for a pick up/ pre amp for d-05, suggestions?  (Read 793 times)
canadianmat

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2008, 08:31:08 PM »

Hey guys i'm new to the forum and was wondering if any one could recomend a pick up/ pre amp for my d 05? I bought it new last year, love it of course but would like to add electronics. I do not want to cut the body of the guitar so any suggestions for internaly mounted hardware would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mat

Larrivee D-05
Fender american telecaster
Samick "6 stinged camping machine"
sdelsolray

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 01:35:43 AM »

Hey guys i'm new to the forum and was wondering if any one could recomend a pick up/ pre amp for my d 05? I bought it new last year, love it of course but would like to add electronics. I do not want to cut the body of the guitar so any suggestions for internaly mounted hardware would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mat

There are numerous solutions out there, al most too many.  If you could let us know a few things, that would help narrow down the recommendations.

First, what style(s) of music will you be playing?  Fingerstyle, strumming, accompaniment, solo?  Ensemble?

Second, what will be the remainder of your signal chain?  PA, acoustic amp, recording to the computer?

Third, what's your budget for the pickup(s) and preamp (only)?
canadianmat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:50:04 AM »

Well im a country player so mostly strumming some picking, the amp is yet to be purchased  so at this time im recording on a boss digital recorder. In the near future i will be shopping for an amp for my '05 american tele as well so if you have any suggestions for an amp that might suit both guitars and could be loud enough to play a small venue  let me know. Of course its all personal preference but if you have a preference of a particular "sound" let me know ill check it out. I dont know if you are much into country but the sound that best describes what im looking for is much like Gary Allen's. As for budget im not so concerned about the all out cost i just want to do it right the first time. Thanks hope this helps, Mat

Larrivee D-05
Fender american telecaster
Samick "6 stinged camping machine"
ttchen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »

K&K Pure Western Mini Pickup + K&K XLR Preamp.  They have great customer service that will answer your questions.  Hope this helps.

Larrivee 12 Fret OM-03 Forum Guitar
Walden T550 Travel Guitar
Psalms 96 "For the LORD is great, greatly to be praised"
dbirchett
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 01:58:49 AM »

K&K Pure Western Mini Pickup + K&K XLR Preamp.  They have great customer service that will answer your questions.  Hope this helps.

+1

Baggs would be good too.

As far as an amp, you are going to be better off with two. If you must use only one, you might consider the Roland Jazz Chorus. Several years back, Peavey had a combo amp, (The Nashville?). Never tried it. Try getting an acoustic amp with an XLR output. Run the XLR through the PA and use the acoustic amp as a monitor.

Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP crying
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5