Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody here know Ibanez?  (Read 443 times)
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2008, 04:13:56 PM »

I bought a Ibanez V-300BS back in the late 70's early 80's, not exactly sure but I know it had to be after 78. I didn't play it much as I used my 12 string Yairi most of the time. I got away from playing in the late 80's and lent the guitar to my brother because his son wanted to learn how to play. Well after years of abuse I got the guitar back a couple days ago and except for a 1/2" gash about 6" from the end pin and the first three frets that look like someone filed them down under the high E to compensate for a worn nut and lots of grunge, the guitar cleaned up well. I know the top is sun burst Spruce and the back and sides are Mahogany and the guitar was built in Japan. I thought that these guitars were made with laminate B&S but it appears to be solid, the grain on the inside appears to match the grain on the outside. Is there any definitive way of knowing if it is laminate or not? I have scanned the internet for information but can't pin down the year it was built, found a picture of one but the label inside was not like mine. I will provide some pictures when the lighting permits.

Here's the label        On the neck block it is stamped,    S    104055

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
billchivers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:11:24 PM »

I have the same problems with my Aria, listed in my signature. I am not sure whether the back and sides are solid - they appear to be rosewood. Also, there is no information going back this far on the Internet about Aria.

Bill

Larrivee OM-03R 2007
Aria Classical mid 1960s Model A550 S/No 83
Fender Stratocaster 2000
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 06:27:25 PM »

I pulled the endpin out and saw that the sides were laminate so I assume the back is too.
Any body know what kind of finish they used on these?

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: