Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody here own a Zager OM?  (Read 497 times)
whiskeyjack

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2008, 02:34:59 AM »

Just wondering how they sound and what the build is like.

whiskeyjack:  Perisoreus canadensis.  aka, gray jay, whiskey jay, whiskeyjack or timber jay.   A small, friendly bird of the northern coniferous forest.
tiffer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »

They are a solid top, lam back and sides that Denny modifies the setup on with his so called "String Science".  In addition they are set up for extra light strings, so if you put lights on then the setup is nullified and your gonna get a whole lot of buzzing going on.  They have a pretty good thread going on this over at Harmony Central.   Basically you are getting an inexpensive guitar with a very expensive set up on it.

There are far better buys at the same or less money in solid wood guitars out there.  A few that come to mind are the Epi Masterbilts, Blueridge line, Recording King line, Segull line, and at the top of his price range for the Zad 80 you could get a Larrivee 03 series.  Many better choices out there than the Zager for sure.  Although this is my opinion, there is a whole passel of folks on most any forum you go to that will agree with me. 

I speak from experience, as when I first started out I got one, had it two days and sent it back.  Was not worth the time or trouble. Again just my $.02

Chris

"The present is where the future pauses for a minute before it becomes the past"    Jose Ortega y Gasset
whiskeyjack

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 05:28:54 AM »

Well, thanks for that $.02.   You confirmed my suspicions.  'Appreciate it.

whiskeyjack:  Perisoreus canadensis.  aka, gray jay, whiskey jay, whiskeyjack or timber jay.   A small, friendly bird of the northern coniferous forest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: