Send me your finest headstock inlays!

Started by Krefett, February 10, 2008, 06:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on August 28, 2010, 04:07:30 PM
Hi Andrew, just reading this thread for the first time.  That logo matches the one on my 1983 L-07.  I'd be interested in knowing what model and year yours is and maybe you could post a pic of the whole guitar.

Hello Kurt,

I bought mine new (NOS) in 1987, it is an L-07 with no serial number. I originally posted regarding it in this thread:

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=17809.msg159621

The result of my investigation is that it was actually built in 83/84 (ish) but nothing firmer than that. Here is a link to a few more pics (also linked in the above thread).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13187377@N06/

cheers,
andrew
Andrew J.
Larrivee L-07 / DR sunbeams 13s

Here's my 2003 L-05.  The picture isn't the best.  I'll take another one outside if it ever warms up.

Thanks for reviving this thread.  I enjoyed reviewing Wendy's beautiful inlays.  I forgot I had posted my OM-19 back on page 4.  On that page there are three similar flourish designs that at first glance look the same but when you look closer, each of them is unique.  Certainly it would have been easier to have one pattern but Wendy chose to make each of them special.  She's just amazing

Thanks.  I've been enjoying this thread for years and am happy to finally have something to contribute.  When I bought the guitar with the genie headstock I looked for every possible image I could find and, you're right, each design is different.  Even the faces are quite unique.  I'm very fond of mine.

thats very nice, love it.
04' Larrivee OM-03MT Forum I #9 of 17
08' Larrivee L-03R(E; Baggs)
09' Larrivee OO-03 Special Edition
00' Larrivee D-02
09' Baden A-Style Hog/Cedar
07' Breedlove Concert Maple
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420
QuoteAnyone's Everything.

Thanks guitom  for posting the "female genie"! One of my favorite inlays!

Hope for better weather too!

Krefett

Larrivée L10 Koa "Emily"
Larrivée OM 10 Rosewood "Jester"
Larrivée 00-72 Rosewood "Christmas Tree"
Larrivée L 19 Rosewood "Unicorn"

Always love looking at the different inlays on the Larrivee's. Here is mine with a flutist inlay headstock, its on an OM-10 from 1996.

Quote from: Walkerman on August 08, 2010, 09:06:00 AM

Nice - that's the one for me with the rosewood veneer. Hopefully it shall adorn the custom L03R JCL I'm thinking about ordering. Would look cool with ivoroid buttons.
Steady tapping cracks the stone

D-03, L03R-12, Martin 000-15SM
(....and others long gone and either forgotten or fondly missed)

Quote from: Grapefruit on July 16, 2014, 11:51:44 AM
Nice - that's the one for me with the rosewood veneer. Hopefully it shall adorn the custom L03R JCL I'm thinking about ordering. Would look cool with ivoroid buttons.
I agree, it would look very cool in ivoroid!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)