Your Favourite PICKS

Started by NewStrings, February 07, 2008, 04:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: blued03r on February 12, 2008, 07:06:27 PM
Back when I was 16, these were my favorite!!  Can anyone else relate?

yes I can!
I remember using the flaps of the matches and folding them...Man, that was a long, long time ago...
Ruben

Quote from: rrgguitarman on February 12, 2008, 07:15:26 PM
yes I can!
I remember using the flaps of the matches and folding them...Man, that was a long, long time ago...

Yep!  That's a trip in the, "way back machine"!
Larrivee D-09
Washburn D-10S
Framus Classical Archback
Fender Jazz and P-Basses

"Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?" (Eric Idle)
Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero)

Yes, :bgrin:
When I started playing at 15 we used either the plastic bread bag tabs like that or the pieces from my Dad's credit cards when
he cut them up after they expired.
My wife says I can buy, sell swap guitars and cars as much as I want...
as long as I don't start swapping wives... sounds like a good deal to me.

I don't play with a pick very often, but when I do I use these:
http://www.butterflypicks.com/home.html

I was at a guitar show a while back, and they were passing them
out there. I've ordered some, and really like them.
(Haven't lost a single one.....yet, which is a miracle in itself :bowdown:)

Mike

Hey Duck, usually I use "THOSE" picks on my nose!!!  If I am really aggressive, I can bury the 3rd finger to the 4th knuckle!!!!   :humour:

NewStrings
Lord of the STRINGS * Kronbauer TDK *  Taylor 614ce  *  Larrivee LV-03RE  *  Taylor 810ce  *  Martin D-18 Custom  *  Gibson ES - Les Paul  *  Gibson J-45  *  Fender Telecaster  *  Jason Romero banjo  *   National Estralita Resonator * Muth mandolin

This one for 6-string:

This one for 12-string:

Tom
'73 Gibson Hummingbird,'98 Ovation Std. Balladeer, '99 Martin 000-1, '00 Taylor 355, '01 Larrivee Parlor, MIM P-bass, '06 Rainsong AWS-1000

Fender Heavy and this credit card pick.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

The only picks I ever use anymore are the Herco heavy flatpick/thumbpick. Great for hybrid picking! :thumb
Guitars: Larrivee P-05; National Resphonic Style 2 Squareneck;      National Resophonic 12-fret "B"; Dupont MD-50;
Lazy River Weissenborn; Robert Sayers custom flat-top;
Cervantes Crossover; Todd Korup banjo-uke; McSpadden dulcimer;
PRS 22 semi-hollow ltd.; PRS DC3
Amplification: RA-400; Rivera Venus 3

Unless im casually strumming, I use the side of standard shaped picks as well. Try is its incredibly versatile.

Am a big fan of Jazz III in red or black
'05 L-03
various electrics
Dr Z amps

Well, just when I thought I had found the most perfect pick (Planet Waves Suregrips), guess what..... I found another make that really is turning my crank!!!  It is the Dava Grip picks:

They have a softer, quieter sound, ideal for recording when you don't want the harshness or scraping of a pick to come through.

I have tried these for about a week and I really like the feel and comfort.  They could be my new favorite pick!!!    :thumbsup

NewStrings
Lord of the STRINGS * Kronbauer TDK *  Taylor 614ce  *  Larrivee LV-03RE  *  Taylor 810ce  *  Martin D-18 Custom  *  Gibson ES - Les Paul  *  Gibson J-45  *  Fender Telecaster  *  Jason Romero banjo  *   National Estralita Resonator * Muth mandolin

I was looking at Bob Colosi's web site earlier,
has anybody tried the Ivory flatpicks he makes?
If so what do you think of them compared to say a Wegen?
My wife says I can buy, sell swap guitars and cars as much as I want...
as long as I don't start swapping wives... sounds like a good deal to me.

Quote from: NewStrings on February 28, 2008, 06:01:33 PM
Well, just when I thought I had found the most perfect pick (Planet Waves Suregrips), guess what..... I found another make that really is turning my crank!!!  It is the Dava Grip picks:

They have a softer, quieter sound, ideal for recording when you don't want the harshness or scraping of a pick to come through.

I have tried these for about a week and I really like the feel and comfort.  They could be my new favorite pick!!!    :thumbsup

NewStrings

:+1:  For the Dava Grip picks. Gave them a try a couple weeks ago and I really like them.
2006 Larrivee P-05
1971 Guild D-50
1972 Yamaha FG180

Quote from: inspector13 on February 28, 2008, 10:09:32 PM
:+1:  For the Dava Grip picks. Gave them a try a couple weeks ago and I really like them.
Doesn't the grippy stuff get stuck between the strings?
Larrivee D-09
Washburn D-10S
Framus Classical Archback
Fender Jazz and P-Basses

"Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?" (Eric Idle)
Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero)

No the black "grippy stuff" appears to rub off. Only the colored pick material touches the string.
2006 Larrivee P-05
1971 Guild D-50
1972 Yamaha FG180

Flatpicks - Clayton, the big rounded triangles, .80 and 1.0
Thumbpicks - Herco blue delrin or Dunlop red delrin