00-50 for me!!!! Now, the wait begins...

Started by Denis, January 31, 2008, 07:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis: you already know how I feel about this one! You've just gotta hold on for a few days,
:thumb then Have Fun!
Mike

Larrivee P-10MQ
Martin 00-18 Retro
Martin 000-16SGT
Martin LX1
Washburn D10SDL
plus lots of Chinese instruments, 2 violins, 2 pianos, etc., etc.

An 00-50 is just the fix to cure that hog addiction.

Quote from: gtrplayer on February 02, 2008, 10:52:08 AM
An 00-50 is just the fix to cure that hog addiction.

Tell me about it!  We'll find out soon enough just how much of a fix it is.

OMG!  Really?

I was just drooling over that guitar about a month ago.  It seemed like it would have the benefits of a parlor with better tone.

Congrats!

Looking forward to your detailed comparisons and evaluation!

flip

Great choice, Denis. 

You replied to one of my posts about the sound of a P-05 MT by posting a link to one of your You Tube videos.  Well, my P-05 MT arrived on Friday and I'm loving the darker, woodier tone.  Thanks!

l'm hoping we'll get to hear the new guitar soon!
:thumb

OM-03 MQ
P-05 MT

Hi Denis,
Like the others here I can't wait to see pictures, videos and your expert comments on the nature of the instrument. It's going to be a great day!  :nice guitar:  :bowdown: :bowdown:
Cube

:crying:

still waiting for at least 24-48 I suppose....I probably won't even be there when they attempt delivery as I do have to work but at least I know they won't leave it on my front steps...they have taxes to collect and won't leave the guitar until those are paid...but...still...the wait is killing me!!!!

:crying:

Well, it would seem that UPS attempted to deliver the guitar today but no one was home and the tracking number says that they will attempt a second delivery.  I'm assuming there's a card of some sort in my mailbox and I will call to make sure they don't attempt another delivery as I want to go pick it up tomorrow...tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow....tomorrow...I get my 00-50 tomorrow!!!!!   :nana_guitar

OOOOOH NOOOO  :yak: the dreaded missed drop-off.  I hate when that happens...let us know if the wait was worth it once she's unpacked and tuned up for a test drive.
OM-03 MT Custom (Cree Studios "Fish Guitar")

Quote from: jwb on February 05, 2008, 02:09:06 PM
OOOOOH NOOOO  :yak: the dreaded missed drop-off.  I hate when that happens...let us know if the wait was worth it once she's unpacked and tuned up for a test drive.

Well, I knew that no one would be home and I would have to go pick it up.  I called them and had them set it up so I could pick it up at the counter.  Nice thing is that it's only a 5 min drive from the office and it wil have spent the night in a warehouse so when I get it to work, I won't have to wait for it to warm up!!!!  I'm picking it up tomorrow morning, first thing...before even going to work!  Tomorrow night, I'll take off those Cleartones that I'm sure are on there and I'll put on a nice fresh set of EJ16's.  Ohhh, I can't wait.  You'll all have to give me a couple of days before expecting any kind of review...wow, and to top it all off, tomorrow is pay day!

And I am at work so no playing, at least not much, for a little while.  I did open it up and took a peek...beautiful.  If you want to see it, it's the one photographed at Dave's site.  Came with the polishing cloth and beautiful leather strap.  Thanks to Dave at Guitar Adoptions for a great guitar at a great price.

:nice guitar:

Can't wait for the full review!!!!!   :cheers
~Lynn :guitar

I'll be interested in hearing how the sound and comfort of playing compare to a Parlor if you've ever played one.  I like my Parlor but I'm starting to think I'd be happier with either a 00 or 000 due to the neck radius and waist size. (Parlor almost sits TOO low for me, although I love the short scale, so it's going to be a trade-off with the those 2 full scale models.) 

Congrats!  :thumb

Gregg
"Music is too important to be left to professionals."

Quote from: Gregg E on February 06, 2008, 12:03:09 PM
I'll be interested in hearing how the sound and comfort of playing compare to a Parlor if you've ever played one. 

Gregg,

As to the size, let me get to know the 00 a bit better first but I'm sure it will feel bigger than the parlor...already does. 

Played a parlor?....Gregg, have you ever checked out my videos?  One's called Little Martha on a Larrivee parlor...seems to be my most popular clip on YouTube.

Oh my gosh did I ever win dunce of the day!  Yes I'm very familiar with the tune and I've seen the video - blew me away & helped convince me to try a Parlor.   I just didn't make the association while eating lunch & hitting the forum at work today.  No wonder everyone is waiting for your report - you're a heavy dude!

"Music is too important to be left to professionals."

Hey Denis congratulations....now I'm waiting for the review.  :whistling:

and it better be a good one! :laughin:

just a little pressure for ya... :thumbsup

Well folks, I still haven't really put it through it's paces...sorry, been very busy, lots going on in my personal life that some are aware of...but last night, I put on a fresh set of D'Addario EJ16's and the little guitar turned into the most responsive tone monster I've ever owned.  Wow...Larrivee mahogany and sitka...I am in love. 

With the mediums, I actually think they were D'Add EXP's because the ball ends had the D'Ad colours, I found it harder to play and found that I had to play harder to get the right tone.  With EJ16's, the guitar sound smooth and clear and extremely balance, really punchy for fingerstyle.  I already pulled off the pickguard and cleaned up the residue.  I lifted just a corner of it to see if the top had darkened at all and it looked the same so I pulled it off.  It looked ok with it on there but I like it better without.

The mahogany is top notch, just beautiful and the sitka is perfectly quarter sawn..so much nice cross grain and silking... :drool:  I love this guitar already and I know that in a couple of weeks I will be even more in love with it...

It's very different from the Martin 000-15S, much more sustain and clarity overall.  It has better balance as well.  Nothing overpowers anything else and I hope it matures that way.  Very pleasing to sit with, comfy all the time and the nut is 1 3/4" which is what I'm used to.  Last night, I was playing a Bach Sarabande on it and it was so nice...so nice...

Gimme a few weeks to really get sucked into the guitar and I will try to pull off a video or two so you can all hear it.  I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

I for one, cannot wait...I was referred to your youtube channel...sounds great!  I have not stepped into the Parlor waters yet (or 00's), I really want to play one before I purchase.  My wife has a Seagull Grand that she loves, but it sounds too thin for my tastes.  I have yet to hear a Larry Parlor in the flesh, so I don't know what to think.

After hearing your Hog Top, I am convinced that they would fix my GAS in a hurry...I wish I could attend the festival to hear all of these wonderful acoustics for myself.  There are no quality dealer near me...so I usually have to buy on reputation and extrapolation alone.

At any rate...Congrats!!!

I should really give a big thanks to Dave at Guitar Adoptions for the 00-50...a phenomenal guitar at an awesome price!  Not the first Larri I've bought from Dave either.  Always get a great deal.

Great first report Denis, and not any real surprises. I particularly enjoyed the comparison you made between the Larrivee and your Martin. I have only compared my Larrivee Parlors to my Martin 00-18 but all that you have said would seem to apply to my guitars too. Thanks again for the report, and I will be anxiously awaiting the videos when the time comes.

Cube