Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boss GE-7 for K&K  (Read 540 times)
Michael T
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2008, 04:17:59 AM »

I’ve been on the possibilities of combining pickups for my Larrivee DV-09 for a few days, finally took it in today and my tech is checking the specs for compatibility etc. I was asked about the specs for impedance etc. for some of my equipment on another thread to verify comparability to eliminate the use of “boxes”, and I believe most of what I am running is within tolerance for the K&K mini I am having installed. In doing so I checked the specs on my PADI (bags) and found it to be 10m ohm where as the Ideal for the K&K is 1meg ohm or less. Many use this preamp as a favorite here, I just happened to check my GE-7 EQ/Boost I use with my T5-12 for cut thru’s and found it not only meets the K&K specs, but will enable me to EQ out most feed back or tone issues. I hadn’t read anything regarding this unit in conjunction with the K&K. It seems like a natural fit for the mini, and combines the EQ for some of the possible feedback concerns. The spec’s follow:
The GE-7 Equalizer pedal offers seven bands of EQ ranging from 100Hz to 6.4kHz, ideal for guitar sounds, with boost/cut of +/- 15dB per band. This lets you completely control your sound and eliminate unwanted feedback, particularly when connected after a distortion effect.
•   Compact EQ pedal with 7 bands of adjustable EQ sliders
•   Allows for boost/cut of up to +/- 15dB per band
•   Perfect as a "boost" pedal for solos, creating an alternate sound, or for eliminating feedback
•   BOSS 5-year warranty
Specs
Nominal Input Level
-20 dBu
Input Impedance
1 M ohms

Nominal Output Level
-20 dBu
Output Impedance
1 k ohms

Residual Noise Level
1 k ohms
Residual Noise Level
-100 dBu (IHF-A Weighted, Typ.)
Variable Range
Equalizer Control: +/- 15 dB, Level Control: +/- 15 dB
Connectors
INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
Power Supply
DC 9 V: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V), AC Adaptor
Current Draw
10 mA (DC 9 V)
 I hadn’t even considered it as an option until the thread aroused my curiosity. Why haven’t more people brought this one up? Anyone else use it with their K&K?

08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: