Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's your guilty pleasure?  (Read 6289 times)
D4ve

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »

B J Thomas...great vocals

Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus
D4ve

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2008, 01:12:12 PM »

Oh and Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass 

Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »

How about Elton John? I still love me some Tumbleweed Connection, Honky Chateau or Madman Across the Water! 

I don't ever play a gig without doing Daniel and sometimes, I even do Your Song...the early years were good years

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2008, 03:21:53 PM »

I don't ever play a gig without doing ... Your Song ... the early years were good years

I didn't even think you KNEW one of MY songs, Denis. Yes those early years were the days! 

Celticjam

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »

Fergie...yow  
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2008, 07:36:21 PM »

Alright, after a complete review of my records, CDs, tapes etc. I believe I may have found the ultimate "guilty pleasure". How about Melanie? I got a brand new pair of roller skates is frothy perfection! I love that song!   
markyboy

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »

Katie Melua..............Don't tell my wife.

2006 Larrivee l-05
1972 Yamaha fg-160
Kaycee Loves Donuts!
tubeornot2b

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2008, 08:34:51 PM »

I used to work with the recording engineer on that Melanie record. He had worked with many greats over the years Dion and the Belmonts, 4 Seasons, Tommy James  and the Shondells, were among his favorites. Once I asked him what his least favorite recording job had been. Without pause he said it was the sessions for I've Got a Brand New Pair or Roller Skates by Melanie. While he found the song insipid, Melanie found it hysterical and could not get through it without breaking out in gigles. The producer made her do take after take. If you listen to it again, the final take fades out to her breaking into laughter.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2008, 12:11:40 AM »

I used to work with the recording engineer on that Melanie record. He had worked with many greats over the years Dion and the Belmonts, 4 Seasons, Tommy James  and the Shondells, were among his favorites. Once I asked him what his least favorite recording job had been. Without pause he said it was the sessions for I've Got a Brand New Pair or Roller Skates by Melanie. While he found the song insipid, Melanie found it hysterical and could not get through it without breaking out in gigles. The producer made her do take after take. If you listen to it again, the final take fades out to her breaking into laughter.

It still works for me. Silly ain't so bad you know. Buggs Bunny, Loony Tunes, Monty Python, Peter Sellers, Jerry Lewis, Three Stooges ... I love all that stupid stuff!
Novalis

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2008, 01:57:14 AM »

How about Melanie?   

No need to feel any guilt there. I LOVE her album "Candles in the Rain", the one with the spoken word introduction that is a prelude to "Lay Down (Candles in the Rain)". Also, if you haven't heard it, the greatest hits compilation "Beautiful People: The Greatest Hits of Melanie" has the full seven and a half minute version of "Lay Down". It's fantastic!

Guitars: Larrivee P-05; National Resphonic Style 2 Squareneck;      National Resophonic 12-fret "B"; Dupont MD-50;
Lazy River Weissenborn; Robert Sayers custom flat-top;
Cervantes Crossover; Todd Korup banjo-uke; McSpadden dulcimer;
PRS 22 semi-hollow ltd.; PRS DC3
Amplification: RA-400; Rivera Venus 3
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: