Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: shooting for a D/PWM  (Read 483 times)
hovikmx

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2008, 11:47:01 PM »

anyone played or owned one of these? i'm going to a shop tomorrow to play it......

Larrivee D-09e
Takamine EG15SC
LawDogStrgsAttach
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 11:49:26 PM »

Yes - played a D/PWM and own a D/'03, which has a different bracing pattern and a german top.

The D/PMW is a lot of guitar for the money.  It sounds a lot like its brother, the D/PW, but perhaps a little louder, slightly clearer, but slightly less overtone content.  I prefer the M to the D/PW, but would prefer the OM/PW to an OM/PWM...

But as far as my "higher end" D/'03 compared to the D/PWM?  Same level of materials, same perfect construction, just a different tone.  Mine is geared for more volume (which it has) and overtone content (thanks to the German top), but the D/PWM responds better to the light touch.  Both have incredibly high headroom - I cannot get the D/'03 to overdrive!  SCGC is among the handful "best" in the industry.

Let us know what you find!

Lowden F35
Lowden Baritone FF
Charis GC
Petros Walnut Creek Grand Concert
Novalis

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:25:08 AM »

anyone played or owned one of these? i'm going to a shop tomorrow to play it......

I played one of those as well as the OM/PW. I like the sound with the x/brace close up to the soundhole, great old-timey and bluesy sound on each of those guitars. If I were a wealthy man I'd definately get one of those.

Guitars: Larrivee P-05; National Resphonic Style 2 Squareneck;      National Resophonic 12-fret "B"; Dupont MD-50;
Lazy River Weissenborn; Robert Sayers custom flat-top;
Cervantes Crossover; Todd Korup banjo-uke; McSpadden dulcimer;
PRS 22 semi-hollow ltd.; PRS DC3
Amplification: RA-400; Rivera Venus 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: