Price Hikes

Started by gtrplayer, January 12, 2008, 07:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A 00 Larri, Oh great that will certainly bring a GAS attack...

The price increase is true.  Larrivee has raised prices approximately 10% on the 03 Series, and a bit less than that on the gloss models.  The exchange rate and increasing wood costs has forced them to adjust prices to offset these changes.  They will still be the best bang for the buck, in my opinion, but a bit more than before. 

As for the tuner issue, the Pings are still going to be standard on the 03 Series, and the 05 Series and above will get the Schallers.  I haven't seen a problem with a Ping tuner is quite some time.  When they first switched to the ebony buttons they had some issues with slippage, but since then they have gone with a different design button that has corrected the issue.  I have had some calls from customers looking for a D-03 or other 03 Series guitar with the new Schallers, but Larrivee' said they have no plans to change on the 03 Series at this time.  There will be a bigger announcement at NAMM as well, unrelated to the price increase.  I can't wait until the show starts so that it will become public.  Most people will be surprised!  J
http://www.notableguitars.com
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

QuoteThere will be a bigger announcement at NAMM as well, unrelated to the price increase.  I can't wait until the show starts so that it will become public.  Most people will be surprised!  J

I hope Jean isn't retiring....I'm not looking forward to that day! :crying:
~Lynn :guitar

Quote from: guitarcrazy on January 13, 2008, 04:18:50 PM
There will be a bigger announcement at NAMM as well, unrelated to the price increase.  I can't wait until the show starts so that it will become public.  Most people will be surprised!  J

O.K. Let's speculate!
How about the return of the 03 series parlors?
Larrivee P-05
Brook Taw

OK, how about: 1-3/4" nut, modified V neck, forward shifted bracing 03 series dread?

We should start a contest guessing what the big surprise is. Winner gets a set of strings, or something like that.

Good idea!   :thumb  I'll send a free set of D'Addario EXP-16s to the first person with the correct answer.  Order of posts will determine winner (of course I won't be able to confirm the winner until after the start of the show!).  J
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

Maybe their going to open a new custom shop, or Jean's going to have his own line like Robert Taylor.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

That looks like two different answers!   :tongue:
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

You mean I only get one chance?  :crying:
Roger

I guess this is an informal contest with no real rules, but in order to keep it simple we should probably limit it to your one best guess, taken in order of time posted.  We'll start the official posts following this one.  Hopefully this will be fun.  J
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT

Here's my guess:

Larrivee will start making some kind of electric guitar again.

Taylor's T5 has been a huge success and Larrivee used to make electrics.  Maybe they are getting back into the electric guitar market. 

It's only a guess though. 

A new model Larrivee with different bracing.

A robotic self tuning acoustic guitar.

An "affordable" slothead?

Quote from: doctor_gogol on January 13, 2008, 05:05:51 PM
OK, how about: 1-3/4" nut, modified V neck, forward shifted bracing 03 series dread?

We should start a contest guessing what the big surprise is. Winner gets a set of strings, or something like that.

OK, now this is an official post. I doubt they'll make this, but its my Larrivee dream anyway.

re-opening the custom shop (in one form or another)

d.

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 13, 2008, 05:24:33 PM
Maybe their going to open a new custom shop, or Jean's going to have his own line like Robert Taylor.

OK, so choice number one has already been used, I'll take choice number two.
Roger

Back to the original thread.
   I too doubt our praise is responsible for price increases.
I would more believe that in order to maintain the high quality product we all so much love, prices increases are just a reflection in rising labor, material and shipping costs.
SD-60 SBT
O-50 TSB
OM-03 Koa
D-09 12 string
Gibson-J50
Gibson Blues King
A gaggle of ukes

Since I'm a bass player, I'll guess (hope) that they will introduce an acoustic (or A/E) bass as a regular production item. 
LV-09CE, LS-10, OM-09, 00-50TBS and numerous other guitars and basses

I'd say a new limited run of an 03 series, like that oak that was discussed or some other type of less typical wood.
2002 L-10 Special Edition
2002 Martin D-15
2005 Blueridge BR-183
2006 double sound hole 12 fret handmade guitar