Zorb-it - use it?

Started by Dude Dad, January 12, 2008, 07:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does anyone here on the forum use Zorb-It and what is your opinion? Does it humidify and dehumidify? I keep my Larrivee's in their respective cases and like the fact that I don't have to have water in the case. Gotta go to work - I'll check back tonite - Thanks all!
Larrivee RS-4 GoldTop
G&L S-500 BlueBurst

I use them in two cases.  Works well for my Martin, which gets played less frequently (weekends) than my Larrivee.  In my Larrivee's case, they seem less effective.  Here's the reason. I think:  Zorb-its act as a stabilizer, eliminating the humidity swings that occur during the day.  They'll eventually maintain things at the average of the environment you're in.  So if you're in a very dry environment, eventually the Zorb-its will keep things steadily dry, maybe not as dry as the room gets, but still. . .  This is my theory, but I'm not certain that its how they work.  My Larrivee is at my office during the week and the office is much drier than my house.  Also, the Larrivee case gets opened much more than the Martin (every day during the week).  I also don't trust my digital hygrometers.  The analog one I've got seems much more reliable & accurate.
Mike

Larrivee P-10MQ
Martin 00-18 Retro
Martin 000-16SGT
Martin LX1
Washburn D10SDL
plus lots of Chinese instruments, 2 violins, 2 pianos, etc., etc.

It was bjstrings who introduced Zorb-Its to me and I am VERY VERY glad he did. Thanks BJ! :thumbsup

Dude Dad here's why I use it:

1) I recently was in Singapore and it kept my guitar at a comfortable 55%RH which was great, bearing in mind Singapore's RH is between 70%-90%. Now that I'm back in Vancouver, it reads 50%RH in a room that's 40%RH.
*all readings are in-case

2)My first set of Zorb-its got lost in the mail so i sent them an email about it. They replied within 24 hours with "We'll send you another set free of charge and should you receive the first order, keep it as a token of our appreciation". That's customer service! :)
*I did receive the first set, albeit more than a month later. The second came in about 2 weeks.

3)Shipping is free throughout N.A and Canada.

4)My Larrivee loves it, what more could I ask for?

2007 L-03RE
2003 Yamaha F-310