Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walden Guitars  (Read 3017 times)
12barBill

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2008, 04:17:56 PM »

Anyone have any experience with Walden guitars. I played a few last Saturday and was very impressed. MUCHO guitar for the money...mucho guitar period. I played some GA sized bodies with solid cedar top and laminate rosewood back/sides, some GA sized with same and solid rosewood back/laminate sides, and a dread with solid Englemann top and solid rosewood back/laminate sides.

Thinking about buying one. Was looking for a GA size guiyar, but can't get that Englemann top on solid rosewood dread out of my mind. I thought it was really sweet. Cutaway (which I like), Fishman Classic 4 preamp with Fishman Sonicore under saddle pickup (which I'm wishy-washy about), barn door in the side for the preamp, but this thing played and sounded fantastic.   
Blue in VT
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 04:25:58 PM »

I've noodled around on a few and think your right good guitar for the money...another great import from our friends along the pac-rim.  Perfect for something you don't have to worry about too much and still sounds great.

Cheers,

Blue

OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)
fingerstylebanjo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 11:32:13 PM »

I have a little experience with Waldens (since I own 6)......

Very nice. I have some very expensive guitars - and some fairly cheap ones. The Waldens are some of my favorites. I only bought one of them new (G3030CE) - the rest were purchased 'used' from eBay (at ridiculously low prices). Where can you find a solid wood guitar for under $400?? Once in a while one will turn up on eBay - and since most people have never heard of them, they sell for very little money. That being said - I would have no qualms about paying full price for any of the Walden models that I have.

I wish they made one of the SuprNatural Classical Guitars with a cutaway!!

I bought my G3030CE from http://www.poweralley.com/ . They gave me a great price, free shipping and free setup.

My Guitars:
Larrivee LV-03RE, OM-03MT, L-03WL
Northwood MJ-80
Paragon 00 (Makore)
Seagull 25th Anniv Mahog
Guild GAD-30R, GAD-30E
Epiphone AJ-500RC (12-Fret)
Walden G3030CE, G3000, G2070, N730, N550CE
Dean BW-6 Banjitar
Republic Single Cone, Tricone, Steel Parlor
Washburn R316SWRK Parlor
Walnut Banjo
dotpitch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 11:57:37 PM »

The Walden guitars in the SupraNatura Line are really nice guitars for the price. I had a Walden G2070 for several months that was a sweet little guitar. Here's a recording that I made with the guitar:

http://www.scottallyn.com/media/woodburn-hill.mp3

That's actually the guitar that turned me on to cedar tops. Now all of my guitars are cedar-topped. Well, okay... admittedly, I'm down to two guitars right now, but they're both cedar! 
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »

Hi guys
Must say, I own 2 of these "relatively undiscovered" gems - both of the SupraNatura line. Both Grand Auditoriums, both Cedar topped. One Rosewood b&sides (G3030CE) with the incredible Fishman Ellipse electronics, and the other with the African Hog b&sides. The G3030CE is my main gigging (Praise & Worship) instrument, and I use use it around the clock with my SD-50E. Naturally they are very different from Larri's, but oh, such playable instruments, with most of the great qualities of "responsive" fingerpicking guitars of 3 times the price!! The materials and built quality compares very favourably as well. I just love them, and my Larrivees: well what can I say;- totally different, and simply stunning!!!

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
fingerstylebanjo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 03:31:46 AM »

I saw this one on eBay. No affiliation.....but great price!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280202038114&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

My Guitars:
Larrivee LV-03RE, OM-03MT, L-03WL
Northwood MJ-80
Paragon 00 (Makore)
Seagull 25th Anniv Mahog
Guild GAD-30R, GAD-30E
Epiphone AJ-500RC (12-Fret)
Walden G3030CE, G3000, G2070, N730, N550CE
Dean BW-6 Banjitar
Republic Single Cone, Tricone, Steel Parlor
Washburn R316SWRK Parlor
Walnut Banjo
Fstpicker

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 04:54:04 AM »

The Walden guitars in the SupraNatura Line are really nice guitars for the price. I had a Walden G2070 for several months that was a sweet little guitar. Here's a recording that I made with the guitar:

That's actually the guitar that turned me on to cedar tops. Now all of my guitars are cedar-topped. Well, okay... admittedly, I'm down to two guitars right now, but they're both cedar! 

That's an awesome sounding guitar and recording. Really quality sounding IMO. Thanks.

Jeff

Stanford PSD10 (best Martin D-18 copy out there!)
Stanford PSD20
Walden D552 12-string
The Loar LM-400VS Mandolin
C-10-4-me

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 05:13:24 PM »

Beautiful tune,beautifully played.

Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.
Fredmando
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 04:56:37 PM »

I had one of these for two years and never had any issues with it. Someone bought it from me when I got an old Guild as my "go-to" guitar and went to a silent Traveler guitar for my road guitar. The Waldens are very nice and I really liked the cedar top on mine. I played some of the upper end models and, quite frankly, their sound scared me! Very nice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: