Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Cruz H13  (Read 771 times)
craig

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2008, 06:37:02 AM »

I have been 'browsing' for yet another guitar for a while now. Have played with Larry (OM-09); Furch (OM and D size); Santa Cruz FS; Gibson (J-45, AJ); and various Martin and Taylors. Lots of these were interesting, some more than others. BUT then, I played an H13 - just unbelievable.  Everything about this guitar just sits sweetly with me, most especially the sound and comfort elements - and then to have these partnered with sheer beauty.  I am smitten.

Now for the problem - the price is over my budget - do i squeeze and push for this beauty or are there many fish in the ocean?

thanks
Craig
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »

There's only one so you better sell everything you have, even your kid's if you have them. Just buy that guitar before someone else does.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Fredmando
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »

Craig, it depends on what you have to sell in order to get the Santa Cruz. bigrin
I almost parted with my Santa Cruz OM a few months back, but a group of "Guitar Angels" talked some sense into me.
It seems like every guitar I get psyched up over is going to be "the guitar" and I go through this dreamlike state where I imagine selling this or that.
But, I am not sure if I have found the "all-around" guitar yet. I am trimming the fat off of my household collection of junk and now my wife thinks a few guitar could go as well! cop
Santa Cruz builds some nice guitars and they are a pleasure to deal with.
Good luck,
Fred
craig

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 08:41:58 AM »

Done.  Phew.  Lots of stress in the build-up.... managed to loan the balance so no need to sell anything.

Thanks

craig
Parlor Picker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 09:14:13 AM »

How about some pictures and/or sound bites??  I really like the look of those guitars, but cannot imagine ever affording to buy one - especially here in the UK where everything is twice the price.

Larrivée Limited Edition Rosewood Parlor (2003)
plus various other acoustic guitars and one ukulele
Fredmando
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 11:45:01 AM »

Done.  Phew.  Lots of stress in the build-up.... managed to loan the balance so no need to sell anything.

Thanks

craig

Craig---Good luck with the purchase and let us know how it goes. I think I actually "like" the looking and researching part of a guitar purchase, but it is "stressful" to a degree. Now, why can't I experience this kind of stress at work?????
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: