Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supplement PU/source/mic for B-Band A2.2  (Read 478 times)
mrrinse

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2008, 03:39:01 PM »

Hi,
I have a LV-09 with a B-Band A2.2 (no cut). I'm not all that happy with the sound, despite using a PARA DI and AER Compact 60. I find it sounds rather thin scratchy, lacking woodiness/warmth/mids. My L-05MT with I-beam active (left channel) and fishmann rare earth soundhole pickup (right channel) sounds better (though the I-beam is rather more feedback prone).

Seems a little pointless to take the A2.2 out (and I don't mind using it to blend in some lows whilst recording), so I'm wondering if there's a system I can add in to supplement / compliment / blend with the A2.2. I'm guessing it'd be necessary to have a stereo output.

I've heard good report on th K+Ks, but never heard them myself. Do they stand up week against feedback? Anything else worth considering?

I also have a Seymour Duncan magmic soundhole pu/mic blender (mono) which I guess I could use, though I'm hesistant to install that as i) they don't look to pretty - it'd kinda spoil the look of the LV and ii) i also use this guitar for recording, and fear that the pickup in the soundhole would adversely affect the tone (anyone found this?).

Thanks for any advice,

Dan

Larrivees LV-09, L-05MT and P-03; Lowdens S-7 (1988) (FOR SALE), O-12 (2004)  and Baritone (2009); McIlroys A25c (2003) and A25c custom (2010); Sada Yairi Soloist (1965) - nylon string; Parker NiteFly with Roland GK-2a MIDI pickup; PBC superstrat and 5 string bass; AER Compact 60.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:32:57 PM »

I have the A2.2 in my LV-19  and it sounds as good as any other pickup system I've used. Have you tried to adjust the gain controls on the preamp, maybe they are set to low.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: