Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yusuf Islam concert dvd  (Read 1972 times)
Novalis

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2008, 08:55:54 AM »

Anybody here see this new concert dvd by Yusuf Islam? He's still got a fantastic voice and the documentary was a nice look into where he's at at this time in his life. The studio version and video of "Heaven/Where True Love Goes" is so well done; I'm surprised this tune wasn't a hit single on the adult contemporary charts, a really catchy song with postive lyrics.

Anyway, I'm happy to see Yusuf making records again. He really sounds fantastic. Anyone else here get a copy of this yet?

Can anybody identify the classical guitar he plays on the "Peace Train - settee version" and "Midday (Avoid City After Dark)"? 

Guitars: Larrivee P-05; National Resphonic Style 2 Squareneck;      National Resophonic 12-fret "B"; Dupont MD-50;
Lazy River Weissenborn; Robert Sayers custom flat-top;
Cervantes Crossover; Todd Korup banjo-uke; McSpadden dulcimer;
PRS 22 semi-hollow ltd.; PRS DC3
Amplification: RA-400; Rivera Venus 3
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 03:12:42 PM »

No Peace Train for Salmon Rushdie however. Buy it? I try not to support any terrorist organizations. Too bad the former cat doesn't feel the same way.
bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 10:32:33 PM »

No Peace Train for Salmon Rushdie however. Buy it? I try not to any terrorist organizations. Too bad the former cat doesn't feel the same way.

Hi Ducktrapper. I like to think that every religion has it's KKK as well as it's peace advocates. I hope that the former cat means it when he talks peace.  I haven't heard anythng about him supporting terrorist organizations? have you?

If it sounds good, it is good.

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 11:02:37 PM »

Every religion? Are you actually sure of that? Anyway, whatever. Listen to Yusuf all you want.  If I continue the thread will be closed. The information is within anyone's reach should they want it.
poodled

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 11:05:30 PM »

edit: not worth it.
bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 03:10:01 AM »

Every religion? Are you actually sure of that? 

Let's say I have my suspicions.

But what about cat? Between you and me. Post a link to a website.

Novalis

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 07:32:44 AM »

I try not to support any terrorist organizations. Too bad the former cat doesn't feel the same way.

I did a google search and it seems that he's set up a charity organization to help the poor. I didn't see anything about him supporting terrorism. In fact, in the documentary on the dvd, he made his beliefs quite clear and is pro-peace. His charity organization, Small Kindness, is associated with the United Nations, so I really doubt it's a front for terrorists.  I read somewhere: "As you do unto the least of these...."; sounds to me like he's living these words more than most with his charity work:
http://www.yusufislam.org.uk/sk/index.htm

Guitars: Larrivee P-05; National Resphonic Style 2 Squareneck;      National Resophonic 12-fret "B"; Dupont MD-50;
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »

He's a saint. Hamas is a youth club.  nice guitar
Peter Cree
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 03:20:56 PM »

Duck strikes again.......................

Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more
poodled

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 05:41:05 PM »

Here's a political ad that I think DuckTrapper would appreciate:

http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/23304-rudy-the-next-crisis-is-a-moment-away
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 08:20:45 PM »

Duck strikes again.......................

gotta love 'em though, sticks to his guns

and he's got some nice guitars, how's that TSB treating you Duck?

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 09:34:26 PM »

I love Rudy and my TSB! Okay, let's put it this way. I don't want even a penny of mine to go to Hamas. Maybe Mr. Islam is unaware of where his donations go and how they are used. Maybe. The shtick on Larry King was priceless though. He's gotten to be a much slicker apologist and unlike when they asked him about Rushdie, he now knows not to speak his actual mind or Islam's actual position on anything. I am now finished. If you don't like what I think, you should have let me go quietly.     
G Man

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 10:13:49 PM »

Every forums got have its resident bigot after all. :nice guitar:indeed

2004 SD-60
2000 Martin OM-21
1973 LoPrinzi LR-15
bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 12:27:08 AM »

He's a saint.

No, he's a musician and songwriter.

So, anybody else recommend the DVD?

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 03:32:50 PM »

So now I have to defend myself? Cool. Disagreement equals bigotry? Perhaps, you should read this. How germane! 

http://www.macleans.ca/columnists/article.jsp?id=7&content=20080103_113631_1360&page=1
bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 03:50:10 PM »

Disagreement equals bigotry?

Ducktrapper, I don't think this means there is "disagreement." Either the former cat made statements/has activities that support terrorism, or he doesn't. What are the facts? If we have the facts, there is nothing to agree or disagree about.

Peter Cree
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 04:21:28 PM »

If you keep coming up with political comments Duck-meister, then you 're gonna get called on them.  Maybe thats why the rule of thumb on forums is no politics and no religious statements.    I think we all like you, but you do ask for it.  Just like I do...........

Gets people all riled up.   

"Sticking to guns" is the problem.    Bin laden, Stalin, Kymer Rouge , all stuck to their guns..............I think it has something to do with super-glue.

Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more
bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »

"Sticking to guns" is the problem.    Bin laden, Stalin, Kymer Rouge , all stuck to their guns..............I think it has something to do with super-glue.

I prefer to stick to my buns

Novalis

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »

So now I have to defend myself?

I guess we should just take, on faith, your statement accusing Yusuf Islam of supporting of terror? Do you really think that you can make such a statement and not be asked to back it up?

That's a very, VERY serious allegation and I would like to see what information you have which leads you to make such a claim. Or is it because Yusuf has a beard and everybody with a beard is somehow involved in terrorist activities? You also seem to be claiming that Yusuf Islam is involved with Hamas? I really hope you have some documentation to back up your statments. I'm sure you wouldn't want somebody to post unsupported statements about you on a forum. Back around the year 450 B.C.E., a wise man said "Don't do to to other people what you wouldn't want done to you". Good advice indeed!

I'm uncomfortable with folks making slanderous accusations based on nothing but imagination and fantasy. Anyway, Ducktrapper, back to the topic: did you see the dvd yet? Lets stick to posting about music, such as how Yusuf's voice sounds just as good today as it did thirty years ago. I've loved his music since I was a boy and was pleasantly surprised how great he still sounds.

jeremy3220
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 05:52:53 PM »

It's not as though Ducktrapper was just pulling this stuff out of thin air. Suspicion of supporting Hamas is the reason Stevens was deported from Israel in 2000. Just google 'Yusuf Islam Hamas' and you'll find plenty on the topic. I don't have an opinion myself but I know Duck has more to go on than beard hate.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: