Would you take her back?

Started by Larry V., December 18, 2007, 12:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

...and why does a right handed guitar player wear a watch on the right arm anyway? But I bet a good repair person can fix that spot, and the bear claw is just to die for. Glad you got her back....don't let her get away again.   :nana_guitar
Larrivee LS-10 Custom "Jesse"
Larrivee 000-50 "Emma"
Larrivee 00-50 "Dublin"
Larrivee 00-60 "Rose"
Larrivee L-03 Koa "Hula"
Martin 5-18 ('57) "Tink"
Banjitar  "Plinky"
Baby Taylor "Lichious"
Taylor GC-5 E
Oscar Schmidt OU-5 concert uke "Abalone & Cheese"
Makai MT-70 tenor uke "Kimme"
Martin M3 Soprano Uke "LJ"
A couple non descript cl

Quote from: Cowgirlie on December 23, 2007, 01:18:05 AM
...and why does a right handed guitar player wear a watch on the right arm anyway? But I bet a good repair person can fix that spot, and the bear claw is just to die for. Glad you got her back....don't let her get away again.   :nana_guitar
My thoughts exactly?  :nana_guitar
When I read this post I instinctively looked at my right hand and imagined wearing my watch on that wrist.
Sounds like you have a wonderful guitar there.
On a side note, I will never understand people who play a guitar hard enough to leave marks on the top. I am probably just a "woose" when it comes to strumming, but I really think of my guitars as artwork first and tools of music second. I know, I know what you're thinking. A little Mojo makes some guitars look cool and I actually have a Guild that someone did some great "Mojo-Making-Rotary" strumming on! It's a swell guitar and I'd love to meet the person who had the little Guild before I picked it up in a used shop. I am betting he/she has a lot of character.

Good point on wearing a wrist watch on the right wrist. WTF?

I'd also wonder why somebody would strum an OM so hard anyway - they usually break up if you strum them too hard, unless the action is high and the strings are heavier though I suppose.

Anyhoo - congrats on getting her back. That bearclaw sure is purty.  :nice guitar:
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

Larry, I definitely think you made the right decision to take her back. She is a beautiful guitar. I agree with Cowgirlie that you could have that little ding done better if it really bothers you but when guitars are played they sometimes are dinged. Fact of life. I have a 12 string that was damaged in the store when some dingbat threw a sculpture through a window and was dinged by some flying glass. Nothing major just a couple of little finish dings. Anyway. Cybenator got a good deal on it because of that and when he sold it to me, it went for a long time with no takers, probably because of the dings (which were nothing). In any event, I never think of the dings when playing it and when looking at it, it is no big deal.

Look at the beauty of the guitar (and it is stunning) not the flaw.

Merry Christmas and enjoy!
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

I agree. The multiple knocks on my old guitar, all done in previous younger life, were beautifully random acts where space and gravity, let alone time, were in no way taken into consideration!
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.