Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is it an Imix problem?  (Read 648 times)
jeremyl

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:20:18 PM »

Hi there,

i got the time to take care of it now lol.

I own a L05 with an Imix. There's a lot of difference in volume between iBeam and Elements positions. Ibeam has a very low volume comprare to the Elements. 

Is it a problem??

Thanxs a sorry for the frenchglish
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:05:37 AM »

It probably just needs to be adjusted. Take the link below and go to page 6 and 7 section 9, I beam gain control and section 11, user's guide.
http://www.lrbaggs.com/manuals/imix_manual.pdf

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
hovikmx

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:17:23 PM »

i have this problem too dude.

Larrivee D-09e
Takamine EG15SC
Dale_I
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:04:18 PM »

There are six controls along the right exterior of the preamp: Ibeam gain, Ibeam low cut, Ibeam mid cut, Relative Phase, Element mid cut, and Stereo/mono. Setting these controls is an essential part of perfecting your sound. To set these controls, you will need a small screwdriver.

The likelihood of the Ibeam and Element gain levels being naturally equal is extremely low.

Gain: First, make sure everything is plugged in and turned on, and rotate the mix wheel completely to the Element. Now test the overall volume of the Element by playing all the strings in your normal playing style. Then, rotate the control completely to the Ibeam and do the same.

Note the difference between the two pickups and adjust the gain control accordingly. Once the gain has been adjusted, again test both pickups individually using the mix knob to pan between the two.

Ibeam low cut: This is a 12db/octave low cut that adjusts the iBeams’s low-end cutoff from 60Hz to 640Hz. Make sure that the mix control is panned completely to the iBeam before testing.

Ibeam mid cut: This adjusts the Ibeam’s midrange frequencies around 900Hz. Rotating the control completely clockwise will give the Ibeam full midrange output and essentially deactivates this control. The counterclockwise end reduces this part of the output by 9db

Relative Phase: The default position is shown on the label and this is the proper phase for the standard Ibeam/Element setup.

Element mid cut: This control has the same operation as the Ibeam mid cut, but affects the Element. Be sure to have the mix control panned completely to the Element when testing this setting.

Stereo/Mono: This determines whether the output is summed to one mono channel or split into two signals. Stereo mode requires the use of stereo cables. The Element is on the tip channel and the Ibeam is on the ring channel.

[attachment no longer available]

"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass
bluewyatt

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 05:50:47 AM »

it's just a twist of the screwdriver.  i just set mine up and it's easy and great.  the previous post says it all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: