Vince Gill At The Ryman

Started by laughingskunk, June 23, 2004, 12:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just got back from out Tennessee houseboat vacation. Had an extra night before the trip so ordered some tickets over the net to see Vince Gill at the Ryman Auditorium(In The Bluegrass Night series). What a great show. Vince was down to earth, coming out in flip flops and making jokes about his weight. Man the guy can sing-even though he said he sang like a girl. Played a lot of mandolin, and only a few songs on guitar(boo). All and all a wonderful concert in a great venue. Patrick
CA Bluegrass Performer, Larrivee D-02 (sapele),  Martin LXK2 \"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"

Class act. I'd like to experience one of his concerts.  
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

My wife and I were fortunate enough to get into the "Austin City Limits" taping that Vince did last year. Great show! I also drooled over (metaphorically speaking!) the brand new McPherson that he brought out!
Ian (in Cedar Creek, TX)
1974 Eko Ranger VI
2002 Larrivee LV10E
2007 McIlroy A25C

"When you're tired, and can't do anything, don't do anything. And while you're not doing anything, practice" - Robert Fripp

McPherson! Awesome! I saw Bob Carlisle play one of those....a blonde maple, I supposed it was....what a beauty, and a sound to die for!
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.