Something slightly different

Started by shadco, November 20, 2007, 05:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This should show up early next week.

Well one just like it anyway.

Shad
====
Help is on the way. A government team of experts Is a'rushin' to your aid... --Stephen Stills

Martin 000-18GE
Weber Diamondback Custom
LP R9
PRS MC58
PRS DGT LTD

That's a very charming looking object, if I may say so.
If it sounds good, it is good.

Who made it? Different but a little like my old 38' Gibson A-50. A model with F-holes and the 38' was a little  wider than other years. I think the F-holes made mine brighter than standard A.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

It's made be Sound to Earth the Parent Company of Weber. They tried to establish a slightly different Brand aimed at more mainstream sales channels but it didn't take off so These were cleared out at a pretty good deal. It's essentially their Bitter root level of detail and finish.

Shad
====
Help is on the way. A government team of experts Is a'rushin' to your aid... --Stephen Stills

Martin 000-18GE
Weber Diamondback Custom
LP R9
PRS MC58
PRS DGT LTD

So it has arrived  :bgrin:

After waiting too long I opened here up. Setup seems spot on but that probably isn't a surprise considering the source.

I'm pleased so far tone seems even across the strings and the fit and finish is flawless.

Wood quality is excellent based on my guitar knowledge the Sitka has some nice silking and the flame maple also has nice mineral streaks perpendicular to the flames. The Ebony has some nice subtle shading. The Headcap appears to be somewhat swirly rosewood.

Thanks to the Folks at Sound to Earth for making it and the Folks at The Mandolin Store for the great deal. Too bad it appears there won't be anymore.

Shad
====

Martin 000-18GE
Weber Diamondback Custom
LP R9
PRS MC58
PRS DGT LTD