Breedlove Pro C25/CR Herringbone

Started by Mr_LV19E, October 31, 2007, 08:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has any one had the opportunity to play one of these. I was in the music store for strings yesterday and was quite impressed by the looks and sound from this cedar topped rosewood guitar, very well balanced tone, comfortable concert style body and I have to say very attractive. If your shop has one definitely try it out.
P.S. Made in USA
http://www.breedloveguitars.com/instruments/guitars/pro/index.php
:cheers
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I recently played several Breedloves in a local music store, including (I think), the C25, although I don't recall it having electronics. I wanted to like them, given the workmanship and cool headstock designs. Sadly, I found at least one tonal issue with each of them - too much bass, too thin overall, dead spots up the neck,... Subjective, I know. When I go back, I'll specifically inquire about the C25.
Patrick
Martin HD28-LSV
Gibson L-50(?)
Taylor NS32CE
LaPatrie Etude
Blueridge BR-341
Washburn Mando

The store by me that carries Breedlove doesn't often have the ones made in USA, they usually have an assortment of the Atlas series imports. I didn't even take note of it when I was browsing, the sales guy took it down and said I had to try it out when  I told him I was looking for something with a 1 3/4 nut.
The electronics are internal, no cut out on the side of the guitar.
Roger

I just played one this week at GC in Davenport.  Very good sounding.  It had been knocked over at one time with a small crack in the top.  They are selling it for $900. 

Well if someone can live with a small crack they would be getting a nice guitar. I ended up finding a used one that was a few months old and when I received it, it sounded just like the one I tried in the store. And not a mark on it that wasn't taken care of with a little Scratch X. The thing I like is that it has a sound all it's own, very full with lot's of overtones but what I would call a quick responce time. Must be from the Cedar top, but thats JMO. I could rave about this guitar all day but everybody has their own "ear". Hopefully one day I will be able to record some songs with all my guitars and learn how to post them.
Roger

These look nice.  Whatdaya suppose the bottom dollar on one of these would be?  Sales-wise.
Larrivee D-09
Washburn D-10S
Framus Classical Archback
Fender Jazz and P-Basses

"Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?" (Eric Idle)
Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero)

Guitar Center sells them so you can check out their price online, I can tell you I don't think you will find it any cheaper elsewhere unless it has some damage.
These are quite a bit less expensive than their custom models that are built right alongside and they are a fairly new model so they are sure to become more popular as time passes. The craftsmanship is top notch.
Roger

$1500  isn't too bad.  What's up with the bolt on necks on everything they do???  I used to have an AD20SR/Plus and I thought the bolt on was just a Korean model thing.  Also too, I see that they are making a dread in the Pro series.  Could be nice.  Thanks for the info-- 
Larrivee D-09
Washburn D-10S
Framus Classical Archback
Fender Jazz and P-Basses

"Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?" (Eric Idle)
Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero)

I don't have a problem with the bolt on neck, if it sounds good that's all that matters to me.
Roger