00-50's? Whaddya Think?

Started by bjstrings, October 24, 2007, 09:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your experience with this guitar?  How's it compare to a Larri hog parlour, a 00-60, etc.? Pros & Cons?  Any info is eagerly sought.  Here's your chance to completely sink me financially and give me terminal G.A.S. or to cure me permanently.  I'll NEVER buy another guitar!  I swear!   

:whistling:  :arrow

Mike

Larrivee P-10MQ
Martin 00-18 Retro
Martin 000-16SGT
Martin LX1
Washburn D10SDL
plus lots of Chinese instruments, 2 violins, 2 pianos, etc., etc.

:niceguitar:

I think they're super guitars. As we all know here "Larrivee does mahogany right" and the 00-50 is no exception.  The perfect couch guitar that isn't shy around the big guys.  Certainly more presence (mojo) than a parlor.  The longer scale length gives it the volume without sacrificing the sweetness.  And aesthetically speaking, with its slothead, herringbone trim, pyramid saddle and volute make it a handsome guitar. 
  I own two of them.  I bought the second one for a GREAT price and I'm hoping to 'flip' it later.  I'm A/Bing them now and the trouble is I can't bring myself to choose. Of course I could always keep both and use one just for open tunings.  :rolleye: That's the problem with these Larrivees, such nice guitars for such reasonable costs.

Well, I'm probably looking to buy at some point, so . . . PM me when you're ready to talk.
Mike

Larrivee P-10MQ
Martin 00-18 Retro
Martin 000-16SGT
Martin LX1
Washburn D10SDL
plus lots of Chinese instruments, 2 violins, 2 pianos, etc., etc.