Pages: 1 ... 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your favorite non-Larrivee guitar  (Read 47320 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2008, 04:14:55 AM »

Before I got my Larrivée, I had two guitars made by the Godin family of companies ... a Seagull S6+ Cedar and a La Patrie Etude classical ... and like my Larrivée, they were made in Canada.

I have to say that my Favourite non-Larrivée Guitars are Seagull guitars made by Robert Godin .... Outstanding guitars - sound, looks, quality, and very affordable.   
    I have a Seagull Grand S cedar parlor that is as you say above. I've had some very high compliments on it and a lot of questions by some high end owners.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2008, 08:52:31 PM »

What a difference a day makes,since I picked up my Martin OM-21 after the above post yesterday my second choice for favorite is currently Martin.

omozom

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2008, 01:14:26 AM »

Danny
I see we have similar tastes in guitars. Before buying my LSV I had been eying the OM-21 and OM-21 Specials. I think I see one of those in my future. Did you pick it up used or new?

oz
Atlanta, GA.

Larrivee LSV-11
Blueridge BR-1060 Carter Stanley
Hagstrom O102S Cedar/Hog OM
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2008, 01:46:38 AM »

Danny
I see we have similar tastes in guitars. Before buying my LSV I had been eying the OM-21 and OM-21 Specials. I think I see one of those in my future. Did you pick it up used or new?

This is a 1993 model that a friend of mine has had since it was new. It is slightly different than current models, it has a few extra features and a Baggs pick up. I also was looking at the 000 series and OM's before I got my LSV, it has just worked out that I now have both. Danny

ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2008, 10:07:30 PM »

Besides being quite fond of Larrivee guitars I have to admit that I have been pretty smitten by my Bourgeois JOMC and DBJC. But there is a little lady that could push all of these to the back of the line, at least for a day or two

I played one of this same model a few years ago and it just slayed me. Considering some of the impetuous purchases I have made in the past, I can't quite figure out why I have never let one of Bill's 000 beauts come home with me.

Could this be the one?

Ron

Pages: 1 ... 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: