Boss GE - 7

Started by melanie, October 12, 2007, 03:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi Guys,
I am considering getting a BOSS GE-7 eq box, to enable more control over my newly installed B-Band A2.2. My other guitar has the A3.2 system which has onboard controls and I miss having the control these give. At the moment , I feel I need more bass for bottom end grunt, my band has no bass or drums so its down to me to fill the bottom end .
Any comments on this pedal would be gratefully recieved
Cheers
Mel

Mel - Just a personal opinion, but I would consider something like an LR Baggs Para-DI.
http://lrbaggs.com/html/products/preamps_paradi.shtml
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

Thanks for that Dale, I'll see if I can find a stockist in the UK. This looks like what I need, I particularly like the lower bass control @ 85Hz. Most other Eq boxes seem to be @ 100Hz.
The ParaDi has had lots of mentions on this forum, but I didnt realise exactly what it was  :bgrin:
Cheers,
Mel

Fine little pedal. It's a Boss. Reliable and lasts forever.

I have found a supplier in the UK £195 , which is too much.

ducktrapper
I have some Boss pedals at the moment, they are reliable. With the GE-7, I have heard they can be noisy??
That is really the only concern I have with this pedal.
Cheers,
Mel

I haven't found that to be a problem. Relatively noiseless, I guess. It depends on several factors. I mostly use mine with my acoustic and find it works fine. Passive electronics are quieter than active ones though.

Ok thanks for that. looks like the GE-7 is what I want then  :thumbsup
Cheers,
Mel

Glad I could help, Mel. Cheers to you!