Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B-Band A2.2 into L-03R  (Read 567 times)
melanie

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2007, 12:19:39 PM »

Hi,
Having recently bought an L03R, I decided it was time to put a pup system into it. I may be in the minority here, but I am a great fan of B-Band, having played a guitar with the A3.2 system for the last 3 years, so I ordered their A2.2 system.
I ordered direct from the Finland factory and the A2.2 plus AST and UST pups arrived in 2 days. I live in England, so a good response time.
The install was a bit fiddly, but not beyond anyone who basic practicle skills with a few tools.
I plugged into my combo, and strummed a few chords, then finger picked a bit and played with the balance between the AST and UST. It became quickly apparent that the UST was hardly picking up the G string at all.
Now, I had previously checked the flatness of the saddle on a piece of glass ,before fitting it on top of the UST. It looked flat. ??
So, i took the saddle out again, and this time checked it against a known flat smooth surface with a light behind it. There was just a perceptable gap in the middle. We are talking less than a thou of an inch here, really unmeasureable, which is probably why i missed it against the glass in the first place. I carefully sanded it flat, checked and rechecked until I was happy, then refitted it.
Result : problem solved.
I am amazed that such a small inaccuracy in the flatness of a factory fitted saddle caused such a problem. Remember this inaccuracy was less than a thou . 
If you install a UST,its well worth the extra time to carefully check trueness of the saddle before refitting.
The resulting electric sound is really good, well to my ears anyway. 
Mel
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: