i know nothing

Started by artur, September 27, 2007, 12:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i want info about this great Larrivee guitar. I believe it is a parlour style from the seventies. serial #096654. i believe it is maple front and rosewood back.  how can i learn more about it? what is the style # etc.

:ph34r:

Go to Larrivee.com and send them a request for info on this guitar.  They have a place to put the serial number and everything.  If they can't tell you about it then I don't know who can.

artur - Here's a link to submit your serial number for information:
http://www.larrivee.com/6_customerService/subPages/obtainManufactureDate.html

However, the 09 in the front of the serial number would indicate it is an 09 series, which would normally mean Sitka Spruce top and Indian Rosewood back and sides. If you could post some pics, we could take pot shots at vintage. But, Brian at Larrivee will be the guy to give you the definitive answer.

As an option, you can also call them at 805-487-9980
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

I think for the parlors, an 09 series can be either mahogany or rosewood, at least with current production.
Mike

Larrivee P-10MQ
Martin 00-18 Retro
Martin 000-16SGT
Martin LX1
Washburn D10SDL
plus lots of Chinese instruments, 2 violins, 2 pianos, etc., etc.

Mike,

You may be right, but I'm pretty sure most of the mahogany would be a P-05. The difference in the current series comparing the P-05 and the P-09 is mahogany vs rosewood. Not 100% though. I've seen all sorts of woods across the various series. However, with an older one, as in the 70's or 80's, you could very well have a mahogany -09 since I'm not sure the -05 series was an identified series that early. Pretty easy to tell mahogany vs rosewood by sight though.
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass